A little help please

gyc_uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
installing as we speak for sky tv Astra 2. love it and hate it, when trees are involved he he
My Location
Norfolk
Hiya,

I bought a Tripple Dragon satalite reciver and set it up connected to a Zone 1 dish, just to see what i could get satalites wise. I have to say i enjoy looking about at other satalites rather than just 28.2, to see what is out there.

I get 28.2,23.5,19.2 & 13.0

13.0 is a bit hit and miss, i am guess its pushing the dish a little for that. I am only interested in the FTV channels and music channels, radio stations.I have a full sky package so i am not really interested in the Pay for view channels

I was thinking of changing the zone1 to a zone 2, and then putting a motor on it, i am sick of moving with the meter already driving me up the wall. I would love to go larger but i think much bigger and her in doors would have something to say.

Would a standard LNB be ok for this install or is there anything else that would give me the edge?
Like i said i am mainly just interested in music etc, i also will move the dish down the bottom of the garden with the 28.8 dish as there is a nice clean arc over the sky, more so in the east

I live near Great yarmouth in East Anglia, any ideas what possibilties this would open up and more sats that have music on them, and ftv channels? Like this missus says i could trunk for England.

Any ideas or feedback for this please

Regards

Jon

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Jon, welcome to the wonderful world of satellite reception :)

If you are motorising go for an 80cm dish - in the missus objects then think about spray painting it with car primer to disguise it somewhat.

Sadly theres no magic lnb to help with the European sats - more metal collecting the signal is required!

(BTW to avoid confusion please use the right acronym:

ftv - free to view - mainly used for channels at 28E where they are scrambled but can be obtained on a 25 quid ftv card from Sky.

fta - free to air - all channels transmitted with no encryption at all and available to virtually any digital receiver

Other satellites you could try:

5W

5E European beam

7E

9E (and maybe one or two off 10E with an 80 cm dish - I get many of the news / sports feeds as well with my 80cm dish)

33E - one or two.

42E most of them on the west beam

:D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive got a website which you may find interesting to look at - at any rate it will give you an idea of what I can receive with a selection of tatty old second hand 80cm dishes

The actual channel lists are out of date but all the sats have been received on 80 cm dishes unless otherwise noted (and a good selection received on a 43cm zone 1 dish :D)

-http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/

gyc_uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
installing as we speak for sky tv Astra 2. love it and hate it, when trees are involved he he
My Location
Norfolk
Thanks Analoguesat, and thankyou for the welcome like another world up there :-doh2

i have been just reading in great interest about your collection of dishes and boxes.

I must admit i never ever thought i would find it interesting but its great!!! and the Music is much better, no adverts lol

My appolgies about the FTV & FTA!!!

I am really impressed with what i have been able to get on my Zone1, but time to move on!! i would love an 80cm one, i might just get it and tell her it grew over night from a 43cm lol Even she likes the music if some what a bit pixelated

regards

jon

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Heres a list of the fta music channels available in Europe:

-http://en.kingofsat.net/find2.php?pos=&cl=&num_pays=&num_genre=12&num_crypt=1&num_standard=&ordre=freq

(KoS have been up and down the last couple of days so if you cant connect give it half an hour and try again.