a newbie confused

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
kaon reciever hdd prepared
My Location
ireland
I live in Ireland I got a dish 120cm etc I had it set to English channels all the bbcs then storm hit moved me fecking dish and now I cant get them bx all I can get is German Austrian french channels confused it says on the screen to me no a v

to what that is it doesn’t say that in the manual plus does anyone know why I couldn’t get say e4 c4 ??????

and this is one if there any Irish people out the rte network 2 tv3 I thought they were free to air which they are I don’t understand why on my receiver it say mediagaurd but these channels are fta

All I know this is annoying any advice

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are getting German Austrian and French channels, then you are probably receiving Astra 19.2 East, which is 9 degrees away from the satellite you were watching, you probably just need to slowly swing the dish on the mount round to the East until you get Astra 2. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
hopefloats said:
to what that is it doesn’t say that in the manual plus does anyone know why I couldn’t get say e4 c4 ??????

When you get 28.2 East back you'll not receive E4 or C4 free.

They are encrypted on satellite and need a S*y card and receiver.

Other receivers can use S*y cards but not the one you listed.

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
Would my angle be different I have got a digisat pro thing and I do get a very strong signal alright but I cant seen to find 28.2

I do get a reading say 30.2 coming form my lnb would I then change my angle of my dish by pure chance I got asainsat 2 last week don’t know how that happened, so would I have to change the dish angle

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
i found out yep i had to change it a bit to which i am glad now thanks lads

i was reading up i have 2 cam slots but undecided onwhat to get
irdeto
aston seca
mediagaurd
viaccess
i ament to sure what these can do so if i have got a cam slot what kind of options does it give me?????
and finally what is a actuator my mate is on about getting 1 but i dont think he knows what it is does that work with say a disque in some way or form??? to give to more channels or something well thats the idea hes trying to sell me
thanks people

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
if theres any1 that know anything what i said in my last thread dont be shy at all

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Get a matrix or a dragon. They are much more flexible than the old single type cams.

An actuator is part of a motorised system.

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
Matrix fair enough but which ones there’s two isn’t there

And the actuator do u need that for the motorized system I thought a disque would just work what does the actuator do???

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
You wont be able to view any encrypted ch on 28e without viewing card, your better swinging your dish to 13e Hotbird.

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
Sky Minidish (0.6db quad)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Hotbird and a m*trix reloaded, absoloute heaven

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
Hotbird and a m*trix reloaded why do u say that
if i had a viewing card number would that be anygood to me see i dont have the card so would the number be anygood to me

can anyone explain the actuator thing like a bit more detail

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
An actuator is part of a motorised dish, it is basically a piston which swings the dish East or West, this attaches to a specially designed dish mout which accounts for the changes in elevation to traverse the satellite arc, see the pictures of members' systems thread, there are a couple in there. You can also use other types of motor, but for a 1.2 metre dish a 36 volt motor is preferred, a DiseqC motor is not sufficiently heavy duty.

Knowing a card number will really not do you very much good, it is what is on the card which decrypts the channels, not really sure what you are trying to achieve.

hopefloats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
I do have a 1.2 dish if I was to purchase say a 105cm would that enable me to use a CHESS SKY SCANNER ROTORSAT DISEQC to 120cm dish

Is an actuator essential for a motorized system and say for a 120cm or a 105cm dish would a JAEGER ACTUATOR 36" HEAVY DUTY do for either of those dishes

Are the actuators really worth it ????? , and if I did get a smaller dish would that hamper me in getting more satellites I am going from a 1.2 to a 1.0 is there much in the difference

And what can do u with common interfaces these I have shown below

Irdeto
Aston S*ca
mediagaurd
viaccess

MATRIX REVOLUTIONS

MATRIX REBORN

MODULE XCAMMODULE XCAM PREMIUM

And then I have access to get a dream box 7020-s for half nothing but I think it’s out of my league but as I said I can get it for half nothing if I did get it could I receive just the minimum say hot bird all the astras etc until I find out in how to use it more????????

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
hopefloats said:
Is an actuator essential for a motorized system and say for a 120cm or a 105cm dish would a JAEGER ACTUATOR 36" HEAVY DUTY do for either of those dishes
Well really yes as Rolf has already said a DISEQC set up is not ideal with a 1.2mtr dish, especially if you are in an exposed area subject to strong winds. But for a 90cm dish DISEQC and H-H mount would be fine

hopefloats said:
Are the actuators really worth it ????? , and if I did get a smaller dish would that hamper me in getting more satellites I am going from a 1.2 to a 1.0 is there much in the difference

Yes about 20% difference. A smaller dish will reduce the signal received on certain footprints but you can research until you are blue in the face, you need to dip your toe in the water and then worry about such things. The majority of people are happy with 90cm but is planning permission not a problem in Ireland?

hopefloats said:
And what can do u with common interfaces these I have shown below

A common interface is merely and industry standard port which will accept various pcmcia cams of which ever flavour you want.
As to the functionality of each I'm afraid you will have to read the appropriate sections of the forum for those answers, as there are too many possibilities to list here in one post.