AB3 in Mauritius on C-Band

mogwaai

Member
My Satellite Setup
Dateno DVB-IP, V@Box 2030
My Location
South Africa
Hi
I am planning to change satellite from Eutelsat W2 on KU band to C-Band on AB3 and would like to know if a 2.4 meter Prime focus or Offset would do the trick? Is it too small?
Anyone have any comments if this can be accomplished or a larger dish is needed?
 
Looks like 2.4m is going to be barely acceptable. In the absence of any good reports as to exactly whats possible its going to be a case of try it and see what happens.. :)
 
Yes guys. 2.4m solid will do the job nicely. I actually used a 3m mesh. My dish being on arc with motor will receive slightly less signal than a dish specifically aimed at AB3. But reception is quite good. I find that using two dielectrics (teflon plate) is desirable for AB3. if you are searching for French channels, please know that all the DOMs are scrambled now.
 
OK - Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I've ordered a 3.0 meter solid Prime Focus. I am sure this will do the job. Will keep you posted
 
Nice - please post some pictures in the members systems section when its installed.
 
mogwaai said:
OK - Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I've ordered a 3.0 meter solid Prime Focus. I am sure this will do the job. Will keep you posted

How much sir?I think it is petalised.yes please post pictures
 
Back
Top