about updating hex files

I

ishraq2006

HI .. there is always updating keys
sometimes every day . But sure not all the provider change there keys
my qustion is ..
if i taked my old via hexfile and i changed the keys only in the eeprom file .. will that work even i'm not changing the pic hex file ..
plz help me

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
It should work but it seems you have to program it in Pheonix mode, so that only the section that you change is programmed not the whole card.I haven't tried this myself though.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yes, this is possible, and indeed it's the recommended way of going about things (i.e. Find a fileset that in terms of functionality and compatibility with your equipment is one that you're happy with, and then just keep editingt the keys in accordance with the specific channels YOU want to watch). It has been discussed many times on this board before.

But bear in mind that almost all filesets use the eeprom file to store keys, and that the eeprom on a wafer can only be reached through the PIC. So even though you only need to change the contents of the eeprom, you still end up reprogramming the PIC as well since you need to put a loader on there to gain access to the eerpom in the first place.
With DIL (loose) chips, this isn't an issue of course.

2old