Achy-breaky Disney

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi All,

Ever now and then, irrespective of how long the Digibox has been on, Disney and Disney+1 go choppy and break-up, making viewing impossible! Can anyone explain why this happens and what I can do to stop it? This only affects these channels and is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

Christine

S

Satman

Try changing your LNB.
If that dont cure it
it will be a software
problem.You could also
ring Pace on 01344 784740

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for replying.

The LNB is brand new - well, only six months old. Also, if it were the LNB wouldn't other channels be affected as well? Oops! I forgot to mention that the box is a Grundig. Also, I'm not in the UK, so I can't call the "local" technicians... any other tips?

Thanks!

Christine

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look here Christine, http://www.ses-astra.com/satellites/footprints.php?sat=15 this shows the Astra 2D footprint and this one shows the transponders on that particular Satellite. http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

You don't say where you are, but the transmission beam is very tight on that particular bird and if you are too far away from the designated footprint, reception will suffer.

Are you receiveing all of the ITV channels?

Rolf

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your reply. I have to admit that I am a bit lost with the info supplied though. I do get all the channels fine (SKY entertainment package)- even ITV2. This is only an occaisional problem and happens totally at random. Sometimes it's in the afteroon, sometimes only after 11 p.m. and does not seem to be weather related. Also, as I've mentioned before, it only ever affects the Disney and Disney +1 channels (which I find very perplexing).

Further comments always appreciated!

Christine

PS: It's true, I always seem to forget something! I'm located in Luxembourg.... I hope I've covered everything this time! :-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of it, there is an inherent problem with Grundig boxes, see this thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/323.html

This may or may not be the problem, but it certainly seems close.

Rolf

Luxkatz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bummer. Having paid the full price for the box only six months ago...! Anyway, I don't really know whether or not it is the same problem as on the thread, but I think I may just accept it - as long, that is, it doesn't affect any of the other channels...

Well, thanks so much for your imput. You've been a great help again. I'll probably be back with some other problem in the future...

Best regards,

Christine