add cline to dm800hd using ddc

warriorhammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd,samsung netbook
My Location
cyprus
have been trying to install new cline on dreambox dm800hd using dreambox control centre but not able to see the dreambox files in ftp. can someone help please.
shows all connection ok between router,pc,box. but says ftp connected telnet not conneteced
also how do i get a copy of cccam file to insert the new cline.
simple instructions would be appreciated

cat010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xtrend 9200,dm 500hd
My Location
uk
i use filezilla and you connect to your box,and on the right hand side you go to etc open that and scrol to ccam.cfg right click it go to view/ edit if theres any thing in there delete everything and paste your sea lion ,save close and reboot box you should be good to go

warriorhammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd,samsung netbook
My Location
cyprus
TA for that.
but dont reallly understand what you are saying.
do you mean plug in computer to box or via wifi?
would you be knid enough to explain again in more simple terms.
many thanks

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
On the box, go through the menus and look for network settings, in there you will find the IP address for the box (making sure the box is first connected to your router by cable or by wifi)

Enter this into filezilla on your PC and enter the username and password for your box then click connect

On the right hand side look for etc (on me e1 dm500 is in the var folder), open the etc folder and right click on ccam.cfg
and choose edit, if it asks you to choose a program choose notepad or text editor

Copy and paste your line into the text file that has just opened, click save and close the file, saying yes to save and upload and yes to overwriting the file if asked to

Reboot the box and you are good to go

warriorhammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd,samsung netbook
My Location
cyprus
hi sleepy hollow.
loaded filezilla but says:- 530 login incorrect, critical error, could not connect to server.( input ip address and user and password default in dreambox control centre i.e. root and dreambox.
any suggestions??
note:-someone else set dreambox up for us initially, could they have changed password and that's why getting the message?
note:- on ddc said telnet connected,ftp connected but then says :-boot manger not found, telnet disconnected,telnet incorrect login

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Try using root username without the password.

warriorhammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd,samsung netbook
My Location
cyprus
captain jack .
thanks but that did not work either.
same error messages came up

A nonymous

Reaction score
If you don't have the password you won't get in no matter what software you use. Was the box passworded when you got it?

It would also help if we knew what image was running on the box, as certain images have default passwords.

Nano

warriorhammy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd,samsung netbook
My Location
cyprus
cheers nano
not sure about the password adn just passed it on to someone to programme. but images on shown on dreambox when re-boot are flowers

A nonymous

Reaction score
Flowers? Nope haven't got a clue what image that could be.

You could always try the default pass word which is dreambox

Nano

MARK

Reaction score
Website
www.satellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD+,Dreambox500HD,800SEHD,tm5402hdCI+SUPER+lots of other STB's,1mtr ISS motorised
Pc's far too many lol
My Location
Good ole Blighty
Use flash wizard to back up your settings the re enter them back into box when new image in flashed. Im sure there is a way by ftp into the file. I think i done it on a 500s as i forgot the password and was able to change it. This is what i had in my files about it.
First of all you can try and erase the current Password:
1) Install TuxCom plugin
2) Run it from Yellow button
3) Point to /var/etc/password
4) ***933;ou can easily blank out root password to gain full access to the box

Now you have erased the password that you see in the root line and becomes root::0:0::/:/bin/sh
You can telnet your dreambox now and give your new password

BM300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, 7020, 800HD
HD-USB
8 Dishes
My Location
UAE
You may need to resart your computer, router and dreambox.
Someimes you need to restart DCC after failing to connect.

darrelj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S. Actuator , c band and ku band dish positioner
My Location
Australia
smoggy07 said:
On the box, go through the menus and look for network settings, in there you will find the IP address for the box (making sure the box is first connected to your router by cable or by wifi)

Enter this into filezilla on your PC and enter the username and password for your box then click connect

On the right hand side look for etc (on me e1 dm500 is in the var folder), open the etc folder and right click on ccam.cfg
and choose edit, if it asks you to choose a program choose notepad or text editor

Copy and paste your line into the text file that has just opened, click save and close the file, saying yes to save and upload and yes to overwriting the file if asked to

Reboot the box and you are good to go

Hi i wonder if you would read this message. I have heard from a friend that its possible to watch internet tv using a dreambox 500 without having to connect to a dish. Any idea of this? Can this be done

darrelj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S. Actuator , c band and ku band dish positioner
My Location
Australia
Like your opinion on this post in another different forum. he claims that Dreambox 500 can be used for internet tv
forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/82414-IPTV-in-a-Dreambox-favourite-bouquet

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
darrelj said:
Like your opinion on this post in another different forum. he claims that Dreambox 500 can be used for internet tv
forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/82414-IPTV-in-a-Dreambox-favourite-bouquet
That`ll be for the E2 based dreambox models, the DM500 doesn`t have enough memory to run IPTV