Advice needed

Mr_Lube

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset + TBS5927
My Location
Portugal - Braga
Hi all,

i've a 1.25m offset dish with a HH polar mount like in the figure, and i'm trying to figure out how to adapt elevation motor on that.

can someone point me soem ideas on how to do it? I searched on the forum and found threads but none specific to this kind of polar mount.

Thanks

A

Archive-8

Hi, can you please post a photo of the h2h mount, and tell us a bit more information.

Like what satellite are you looking for.

Mr_Lube

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset + TBS5927
My Location
Portugal - Braga
Hi, can you please post a photo of the h2h mount, and tell us a bit more information.

Like what satellite are you looking for.

I'm looking to install two actuators on my dish to control the azimuth and elevation. I've a polar mount like the one on the photo (rizucw.jpg) but it seems to be tricky to adapt a elevation actuator. The elevation actuator is for inclined orbit satellites, (eutelsat 30.8E and a few others).

Can i adapt a polar mout like this one from satellitesuperstore? if its possible, how can i achieve that? How can i find the exact points to fix the polar mount? I'm thinking to draw the effective circumference on the dish to find the center point and after that draw the circumference to fit on the polar mount. Is it possible?

Thanks for your advices

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20170523100342648.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20170523100342648.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 30
  • CameraZOOM-20170523100354309.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20170523100354309.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 31
  • CameraZOOM-20170523100405445.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20170523100405445.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 32
  • rizucw.jpg
    rizucw.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 33
  • inclined1400c.jpg
    inclined1400c.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi,

What make and size of dish are you hoping to use with the dual axis polar mount? One of the dishes in your picture looked like a Gibertini? There are several topics on this forum showing how to attach inclined orbit tracking to a Gibertini dish.

If you went for the satellite superstore dual axis polar mount the simplest way to attach your dish to that would be to make an adapter plate that fits between the dish and the satellite superstore polar mount. You could use a piece of steel plate that is large enough to fit to the fixing points of the dual axis polar mount and then drill holes in the adapter plate to match up with the dish fixing points so that the dish is centred on the mount.

Rgds

Mr_Lube

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset + TBS5927
My Location
Portugal - Braga
Hi,

What make and size of dish are you hoping to use with the dual axis polar mount? One of the dishes in your picture looked like a Gibertini? There are several topics on this forum showing how to attach inclined orbit tracking to a Gibertini dish.

If you went for the satellite superstore dual axis polar mount the simplest way to attach your dish to that would be to make an adapter plate that fits between the dish and the satellite superstore polar mount. You could use a piece of steel plate that is large enough to fit to the fixing points of the dual axis polar mount and then drill holes in the adapter plate to match up with the dish fixing points so that the dish is centred on the mount.

Rgds

Thanks for your reply.