Advice needed

B

boboliver

i have recently had Sky digital installed and the quality of the picture looks fine but the screen seems to flicker very fast.It is like a stroboscope or similar to a poor quality computer screen. It is most noticable on the TV guide screen, which you cant look at for any length of time. Is this normal or should the picture be absolutely stable?
I have a grundig box.
Cheers.
Bob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The box generated graphics are diabolical, as long as the picture is fine I wouldn't worry.

Rolf

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Do you have any other equipment on top,below,or loop thru conected,such as video,dvd,remove all other scart leads,isolate digibox(move away temporarily)and see what happens...Brian

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I take it you're outputing to a TV scart and not using the RF signal. If you were using RF you should look to change the preset frequency as it could clash with a channel frequency.

J