Advice on m2 please

Oldfogey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 3000 CI Pro, 90 dish, 24" Skyjack + polar mount, Dragon 4, Dynamite prog
also Sky
I have just returned to multisat after thunderstorm made smoke from a pace/d2mac setup a few years ago, and now very much a beginner in this digital age.

Now have Topfield 3000ci pro dragon 4 dynamite proggy and little joy with scandinavian channels. Dragon team text files suggest an m2 card and files are required. Can anyone help with advice on suitable card types and filename(s) I should look out for?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which Scandinavian channels?

Oldfogey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 3000 CI Pro, 90 dish, 24" Skyjack + polar mount, Dragon 4, Dynamite prog
also Sky
Hi Rolf

I am really not very sure. I get very little at either 5e or 1w. The text file I referred to suggests that 1w is at least partially cracked, but whether this is c****x N****a or M***d I have no idea

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know there is nothing on Conax available and don't think that the orbit network using mediaguard is cracked, so that rules out 1W. As for 5E, don't think that any of the videoguard or Viaccess channels are available. You really need to be pointing at Hotbird

Oldfogey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
also Sky
Thanx,

Suprisingly I have pictures, but no sound, at the moment to Canal + Film 1 and 2 on Thor 2 although a blank screen to the rest of the bouquet.

I agree that Hotbird is probably the the best option at the moment. Hispasat is fairly good for films if you dont mind english dialogue and Spanish (?) subtitles

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Oldfogey,
the 2 channels you refer to are test channels and unscrambled at present, which is why there's no sound, the package hasn't been re-hacked yet, but there were a lot of rumours a month ago, but nothing new for a while.
Best wishes
Mickha