Advice on new motorised system

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
Hi Guys

OK I know a little but only what I need to. I have a 3.5M fixed dish in Tenerife which gets S*y. However work brings me back to blighty for a year or so (for my sins) which gives me an opp to develop my satellite hobby a little further while I am here. (other half has kept s*y card back in Tenerife)

Right, I was in my local Sat dealers last week and was about to hand over £500 for a motorised system. They guy was showing me his system (techomate) and the channels I would get. At that point all his conax encoded channels went off!

I want to play - hence the motorised dish - I want to watch 'free' footy (dont know why as I support Blunderland!) - but primarily I want as many encoded channels for free that I can get. Im not interested in 'Franky Vaughn' (rhyming slang).

I am very interested in Thor channels but all the conax ones wont work on my local suppliers receivers any more, so could one of you gurus let me know what I need (in lay-mans terms please) to get thor, inc conax channels, free footy, and as many free channels as poss.

I have read a bit and seem to think I need a dreambox with a diablo cam. Am i going down the right track?

Cheers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
makum101 said:
Am i going down the right track?

Cheers

Sorry you missed the boat
No there is no free footy and no free frankie so don't waste your money, those days are gone, there is almost nothing open almost everything is secure apart from a bit on 1 west and that probably not for much longer. What little bit is open needs updating and gives no guaranteed viewing

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There'll always be some bits and pieces available, but the only way to guarantee any level of viewing is to subscribe to a package like DigitalB or Nova for football.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Any basic stb with a CI(common interface) to take a diablo cam along with a motorised system will give plenty viewing ,for now.There are softwares and updates available for these. Footie and movies are available on 1west,8 west and 16 east.Like all good things it will come to an end at some point.Best of British mate.

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
Topper said:
Sorry you missed the boat
No there is no free footy and no free frankie so don't waste your money

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to clear me name I did say i was NOT interested in Frankie. :-rofl2

The installer I was talking to gets most of digital package inc two movie channels. but not anything scrambled with conax.

Its more of a hobby than anything else so I might plumb of motorised system combining a Dreambox and Diablo cam. thanks for the advice.