Advice on Phoenix Apollo Box please !

Prof100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Somerset. UK
I am a complete novice, but keen to learn about encrypted satellite reception. Would someone please advise me about the Phoenix Apollo CI+MC box ?. I read that it has an embedded multicrypt CAM and that it auto updates its software via the HotBird. What about Key Cards ?...I've seen ads that suggest that I wouldn't need them either....nudge,nudge,wink,wink !!
I've already got a Humax receiver with CI slots..so what would be the advantage of buying the Phoenix over spending the money on a DragonCam for my Humax??

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Given that there's not a lot of channels being broken currently I wouldn't upgrade a receiver at the moment unless I wanted a PVR. Probably a dreambox will be the first to pick up anything going. Yes a dragon cam will be useful if codes become available and you do get a mature content sim card with the dragon (for 9 months) but depends on your taste.
Other than that a Technomate T1500CI for about £100 with regular cam patches available is a cost effective solution.

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
Did u know that u can upgrade the software in your apollo to an openbox and there is much more support for this box, if you go to alsat you will find the software to do this and here for key updates - you will also find here that there is a program called pobedit which is a handy key and channel editor

Marvel64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echosmart DSB791
Global Orbit 80cm dish
Dark Motor
My Location
Wiltshire
Yes, this box does what you suggest. Make sure you have the latest software updates and check through the forums. All the info is there.

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
ive been informed by a few people that the TM9100 is the reciever to buy at the min.