advice please sir :)

moyhim

Reaction score
i would like to get 4RT 5PORT5 on 13 hotbird,

i think/see (due to me being a noob) that if i get a funcard along with programmer i can get a CI slot for the pc, put that OPO5 stuff onto the func4rd, and shud be able to watch 4RT 5PORT5. please tell me if i am talking complete rubbish or wether im along the right tracks sumwere.

or do u reckon an emu will soon be availuable for the pc?
also is there any other advantages of the func4rd? could i use it anyway on my s1y d1gi box?

Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Funcard is pretty much only good for loading CAM software now, you certainly cant programme it with anything which will receive ART Sports. You need to subscribe for that I'm afraid.

moyhim

Reaction score
so is there any advantages using the funcard over , using a pc with the availuable emu's ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, the funcard, as i said, is not really very much use for viewing at all.

moyhim

Reaction score
sorry, understood the last message in wrong way, makes sense now,
well is there any card which can do stuff for viewing?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not as far as I know for ART Sports, not even sure if there is a softcam to use with a phoenix interface for Conax, afraid that I don't really play with the PC card anymore. :)

moyhim

Reaction score
well cheers for the lowdown rolf, really appreciate it.
looks like i'll buy a monoblock lnb instead :)