Advice sought

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
At the weekend I bought a Technomate TM-5500 DACI in excellent condition from a Car Boot Sale for £10. Inside is a Magic CAM. Not having had a CAM before can someone elighten me in simple terms what I can do with it? (No rude answers please :-)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi DippytheDish

Well there was a thread last week about this click here to read it

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
DippytheDish said:
At the weekend I bought a Technomate TM-5500 DACI in excellent condition from a Car Boot Sale for £10. Inside is a Magic CAM. Not having had a CAM before can someone elighten me in simple terms what I can do with it? (No rude answers please :-)

With a season interface (about £10) in the magic cam you should be able to watch whatever is available at present. However it only works connected to a computer. Next cheapest option is to get a cas interface (about £50) which will convert the cam to matrix reloaded with possibility for mrev soft. Regards.

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
Thanks both of you for your responces, much appreciated. I managed to find a cas interface on eBay but where do I look for a season interface please?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
DippytheDish said:
Thanks both of you for your responces, much appreciated. I managed to find a cas interface on eBay but where do I look for a season interface please?

Try the sponsors, if not I got mine from w*zard. The cas interface is much more useful.

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
PCD said:
Try the sponsors, if not I got mine from w*zard. The cas interface is much more useful.

I have ordered a CAS II Interface and I am waiting for it to be delivered. Perhaps you or someone could advice me what I need to do once it arrives. With thanks in advance.

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
first thing to make sure is that your cas 2 is not a clone. see below and attached picture. then if it is not a clone download the cas studio 6.1 from duolabs or if it is a clone download the cas studio 5(i can email this to you if you need it). this software is really easy to use and there are plenty of how to threads elsewhere on this fourm.

How to tell difference:

Look underneath the cas2 - there is an indented square area in the middle (as though there should be a sticker there) If this indented area has a double line top and bottom that would indicate a fake.

Also looking from underneath through the plastic casing.- where the cam is inserted you should see three plastic struts that balance the cam - one near the middle of the slot, two at the edges. If these are missing it is a fake.

If you have a fake DO NOT LOAD CAS STDUIO 6!!! This contains code that WILL kill your Cas 2 with NO PRIOR WARNING. After the event the software will tell you that they just killed your CAS2

Duolabs admit their Cas Studio 6 will kill some original CAS2 as well. In this case they ask you post it to Italy where they will repair it and send it back with a "free gift" - Do you really want the hassle???

If you stick to the perfectly working earlier verisons of cas studio you will be fine.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
The driver for cas2 needs to be installed before loading the cas studio software. There is a Driver Install Manual which must be followed carefully. I still use 4.7.1 with no problem. Regards.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
PCD said:
The driver for cas2 needs to be installed before loading the cas studio software. There is a Driver Install Manual which must be followed carefully. I still use 4.7.1 with no problem. Regards.

Having used 4.7.1 on the Cas 11 I upgraded the other day to 6.1 no problems although I hear of many had.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I find Ver. 6.1 takes ages to erase / program my MRev CAM. Go back to 5.0 and its AOK.

Llew

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
I now have my CAS II and established it is the genuine article and not a clone. I have connected it to my PC with a USB cable, installed drivers and CAS Studio 6.1. Where do I go from here please? Are you all suggesting I should use an earlier version of CAS Studio?

When it reads my Magic CAM it says:-

CAM Connected
Xilinx XC9536XL CPLD Version 2 detected
Manufacturer ID: 0x98
Device ID: 0x0043
Flash: TOSHIBA TC58FVB160AFT

I am a complete novice as far as CAMS and programming goes although I am more competent with a PC. Any advice or pointers as to what I should be doing would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.