Advice

geebee12

Reaction score
About to go digital (not sky) and would like to know if film chanels can be watched free. If so, what type of card, programmer and sites for codes.
Any help most appreciated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are many digital FTA channels that show films. TCM, ARTE, PRO7, VOX, etc etc.

There are many encrypted channels that show films too, with encryption under numerous different formats (eg the Dutch C+ package in Mediaguard & Irdeto, the Italian Stream package in Irdeto & Videoguard, the Greek Hellas/Nova package in Irdeto (includes Fimsat & Fimnet), the American Showtime package in Irdeto, numerous Scandanavian packages in Conax, Latin American packages in Nagravision, etc etc etc.

You will need to be more specific about what you want to watch, which satellites your equipment can access, which language(s) you want, etc.

There is already a lot of info on pirate cards (I assume that's what you're getting at) in various forums of this board. Have a look through them too.

2old

geebee12

Reaction score
I intend to watch films (not just adult) and sport.
I will be buying the Hyudai HSS 800CI, plus STAB motor.
My dish is a Mirage 80cm eliptical with a Cambridge universal LNB 0.8 db. Will they be sutable?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
In terms of its signal-gathering capacity, the dish/LNB is sufficient for most of the transponders on most sats visible from the UK. And the recveiver is capable of accepting common-interface modules of various different types. So technologically, yes.

But you still haven't said exactly which package(s) you want to watch. To see why this is important, consider the following;
If you wanted to watch any Sky movies you will not be able to since there is no Videoguard CAM - you will NEED a Sky Digibox.
If you wanted to be able to watch, say, Showtime on Nilesat, then the dish is not big enough.
If you wanted to be able to watch Premiere-World then you will need an old-type Irdeto CI module reporgrammed as an AllCAM.
if you wanted PW and Dutch Canal+ (both on Astra1) then you will need both Irdeto (AllCAM) and Seca/Mediaguard CAMs - as well as two cards and (for ease) a receiver with 2 CI slots.
If you want to watch both Palco/D+ (Hotbird) and Taquilla (Astra1) then you will need a steerable system, or a dual LNB system and switch, or two fixed dishes.
And so on...

So you MUST decide what you want before you can say exactly which equipment is needed!

2old

geebee12

Reaction score
2old4this,
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I hav'nt replied earlier but I've been away.
As you suggested, I will have to decide what I really need, so I will be looking into this further. I had decided on the Hyandai but am now leaning more to the Humax5400,is this a better choive?
Regards.