After the channel changing, sound appears instantly, but video gets delayed?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello.

I never used receivers of this brand for a long time. Now I bought clone DM500 for kitchen TV. I've installed latest Pli Jade image. Receiver is used for FTA channels only. I've discovered the following annoyance. When switching from channel to channel, if moving to another TP, initially you'll hear only audio for 1-2 second, with blank screen, and only after, video will appear.

Is there any way to fix it? and what can be a reason?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
So this is a HW problem?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If its only appearing on the one box then the box is the problem.

If you look around the forum numerous folks have had many & varied problems with cheap clone 500's

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
500-s
My Location
USA
You can try enabling "Fast Zapping", but it can cause a/v sync issues with some receivers. If it doesn't with your's, great. If it does, disable it again and deal w/ the 2 second delay...

--
hemi

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It happens on another clone from same batch, and on differently looking clone also. I've read about "fast channel zapping", but was not able to find where it is in the menu.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Ok, found this setting in OSD settings and it really helps much, but anyways, channel changing is still slow, compared to even cheaper receivers :)

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
hemispherical1 said:
You can try enabling "Fast Zapping", but it can cause a/v sync issues with some receivers. If it doesn't with your's, great. If it does, disable it again and deal w/ the 2 second delay...

--
hemi

It's better just to settle with the slow loading because fast zapping just makes the video and sound go way out of sync after a while!

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It's the first case, when I've selected receiver according to visual side only (needed small, compact one, with black glossy finish). I think I'll sell this one and will buy Black Startrack SR-55X, which is also compact size :)