Al Jazeera

phil835

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know if and when Al-jazeera are to begin broadcasting in English. I heard some time ago that they may start dubbing broadcasts into English in the first quarter of 2003

It's just that the war will start any week now, and I'd like the option of listening to 'the other side' to add a bit of balance to my viewing.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would have thought the unbiased views of many of the satellite news channels (Fox especially) would make an alternative view of the conflict unecessary.

Seriously, Al Jazeera were promising a 2003 start awhile ago, but looking at the website, it seems the likes of MBC and Dubai TV News are many months ahead

N

net1

An agreement with BBC Worldwide for the rights of one thousand hours of programs is forecast for the launch of the new channel dedicated to the documentaries. The Jazeera it will have its own archives and films on the wild animals including, the present time, history and sciences. The Channel Documentary will leave quest?anno and will be transmitted on the platforms Arabsat and Nilesat DTH.

phil835

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes 'Channel Hopper', I too would certainly miss the 'FOX NEWS COMEDY CHANNELL' if it disappeared. Somebody should compile a collection of their 'classic one-liners'. Recent comments that spring to mind are refering to the French as 'Onion Eaters'. Saddam as a Madman and the Iraqi people as sand dwellers. They elevate the words 'balanced' and 'unbiased' to a whole new plateux !!

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
I watched Al Jazeera for the first time today. Pretty shocking and upsetting.