Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Much as these Aldi, Lidl etc. kits have their value (I used to love my SL65 - still have it, actually), you can get a far more feature-packed Rx like the Skybox F3/F5 for around £50 these days. And dishes aren't expensive either. Still, for "beginners" they still have an attraction, I guess.

The 12v operability is a bonus, though.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I still have my Lidl PortyII dish kit, minus the PortyII receiver, the SL65 (which came from a fixed 60CM kit) sits atop the living room TV but the dish sits in it's big grey box, unused, unloved, but I like to keep it incase I need it... :lol:

It was a good start to the satellite hobby though, so, for anyone wanting a simple kit to play with that is only temporary, these are usually quite good to begin with... :)

And of course, they really do appeal to those who have caravans and motorhomes, or are truckers or something, so they can watch TV on the go... :lol: