hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
Hi everybody ,I had installed my moteck 1.2 SG H-H motorised system sucessfully but on tweeting and altering the configuiration,I am in a bloody mess now I have ve:-worshiprtually started from scratch again but the motor keeps on driving to the west on all the strong sats like hotbird. 19 east. 1 west. and I can not get the system to respond to the default setup , can you please help , thank you hotkich

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You need to reset the motor.

A paper clip (straightened out!) is ideal for poking into the relevant hole under the motor body.

Do use the manual buttons to drive it as close as you can to zero before inserting the paper clip as resetting will cause the dish to move to precisely zero.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Tivù said:
.....poking into the relevant hole

A case of precision and good handling required ;) :-rofl2

Yes, in addition I think you can also reset the motor on the 'motor settings' menu on your Technomate receiver.

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
thankyou so much for this info Tivu,I thought it may be the thing to do ? but I was not quite sure ! , being a new setup I was being cautious, I am sorry but I thankyou so much
hotkich

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well check the Motor Instruction leaflet ............ IIRC there is more than one hole - one for reset and one for drainage.

Hopefully it has been designed so that getting the wrong hole is entirely benign.

But also see SM's post re. using the Technomate to do it - not familiar with that procedure myself, but do look at the menus.