E

emission

My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 TDA
Invacom 0.3 dB LNB
NileSat 7 W deg.
Swiss
Hi

anybody came cross on 140 cm Aluminium offset dish ?

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Why Aluminium? .

H

Happy-Buddah

"Why Aluminium?"
Perhaps because this DiSEqC H-Hmotor
_www.parabolic.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=219&osCsid=519b33443af07803fc1cfd198a1046d7
Claims to be capable of driving a 1.4m aluminium dish.
H-B

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oh, it'll move it, but I wouldn't want to see the motor after a period of strong winds. :)

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't, I simply unparsed the link, it was making the page too wide.

H

Happy-Buddah

I did put ** in the middle of h**P, is this not good enough? Please put me right as I do not want to break the rules. In addition the last few words of my post are missing and the post does not make sense.

Regards H-B

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Happy-Buddah said:
I did put ** in the middle of h**P, is this not good enough? Please put me right as I do not want to break the rules. In addition the last few words of my post are missing and the post does not make sense.

Regards H-B
All that does is make the link followable but produces a page not found, much easier to put an underscore _ in front of the HTTP, apologies if i accidentally removed any of the post, please replace to make sense. :)

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Happy-Buddah said:
Thank you very much kind sir, my post now makes sense.
Hope you don't mind - have added the '
' tags to your first post to make the quote appear in it's format...

If a URL (web address) is too long use this site...

_http://tinyurl.com/

It will create a short address that will link to the original for free!

Just cut / paste it.

H

Happy-Buddah

@ gameboy

No problem, I hate computers (necessary evil nowadays), god knows what unparsed means. I do not understand '
' tags, I'm going back to rhubarb thrashing and beetroot pickling :) .
H-B

E

emission

My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 TDA
Invacom 0.3 dB LNB
NileSat 7 W deg.
Swiss
Well in fact its not because of motor

I want aluminum because the weight is more reasonable

I have Triax 110 aluminum and its only 15 Kg , but I want something bigger for faraway sat at the same time not too heavy

Lancelot said:
Why Aluminium? .

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Click on the New Thread Icon at the top of the relevant section.

H

Happy-Buddah

@ emission
I agree with you on weight, having worked in the past with steel dishes I decided to use aluminium ones for my hobby.
Gibertini do a 1.25m and 1.5m see
_http://www.retailerinbristol.com , personally, am not aware of any other manufacturer producing aluminium dishes of that size, but am ready to be informed otherwise.
I did run the 1.25m Gibertini dish earlier this year and got vertical TP's on Nilesat 24hrs a day until heavy rain blotted them out.
H-B

Milkybarkid

Milkybarkid

I think Gilbertini do a 1.5m aluminium. I have their 0.85m and 1.25m aluminium dishes.

E

emission

My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 TDA
Invacom 0.3 dB LNB
NileSat 7 W deg.
Swiss
Think you for reply " everybody"

I am not sure where is Suffolk , where is it in this small world ?

I do have most of the V channel also but when its running I got problem with most of them

I don’t wont to go for 1.25 because the different is not that much with 110 which I have now , unless someone have other opinion

so I decide that I jump little bigger 140 or 150 – but aluminum because the weight is important for me

Happy-Buddah said:
@ emission
I agree with you on weight, having worked in the past with steel dishes I decided to use aluminium ones for my hobby.
Gibertini do a 1.25m and 1.5m see
_http://www.retailerinbristol.com , personally, am not aware of any other manufacturer producing aluminium dishes of that size, but am ready to be informed otherwise.
I did run the 1.25m Gibertini dish earlier this year and got vertical TP's on Nilesat 24hrs a day until heavy rain blotted them out.
H-B

H

Happy-Buddah

@ emission
Suffolk is a county of England, part of East Anglia, I am close to the sea port of Felixstowe. Location 52+* North and 1+* East.
A couple of our Swedish members, Likvid and Stefan_St, have had some posts this years regarding dishes and gain figures. Perhaps you could try a search and read their comments.
Regards H-B

E

emission

My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 TDA
Invacom 0.3 dB LNB
NileSat 7 W deg.
Swiss
helloo H-B
Thank you again .
In this case I have more luck to get better quality by using 140 cm
because I am in Switzerland Geneva
I should be more close to Nile sat footprint

Y

yosssi

My Satellite Setup
120+MOTSAT+OPTICUM
My Location
VIGO
could be put gilbertini 1.50 with motor golden interstar gi 140 alu?