Amos 5 @ 17° East

Eutelsat and Spacecom create unified neighbourhood at Africa’s leading Free-To-Air satellite TV position, 16-17° East Paris, Tel-Aviv, 19 November 2014 – Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext: Paris) and Spacecom (TASE:SCC) today announced the signature of a partnership agreement that will drive expansion of digital entertainment services at one of Africa’s fastest-growing video neighbourhoods.

The two companies have established a framework for cross-commercialisation of Ku-band capacity connected to the high-power African service areas of Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 16A satellite at 16° East and Spacecom’s AMOS-5 satellite at 17° East. The combined channel line-up of both satellites already comprises over 100 free-to-air African and international channels that can be received by standard 80cm dishes in a vast footprint covering over 30 million TV homes located notably in Francophone Africa and extending to Ghana and Nigeria.

Leveraging their respective knowledge of Africa’s fast-growing broadcast markets, the two operators will pool their commercial efforts to ignite further growth at the 16-17° East position, which is already the leading DTH and free-to-air video neighbourhood in West Africa. In addition to improving the quality and effectiveness of broadcasting services, this unique agreement raises the bar for service continuity for broadcasters and will deliver viewers a larger channel line-up from one virtual orbital position.

Launched in 2011 and equipped with identical Ku-band African footprints, the EUTELSAT 16A and AMOS-5 satellites host free-to-air channels as well as pay-TV, DTT and free-to-view platforms for media companies who are increasingly turning to satellites as the fastest and most competitive route to digital content delivery.

http://www.eutelsat.com/home/news/p...ntainer/eutelsat-and-spacecom-create-uni.html

So two satellites separated 1.0° is already "one virtual orbital position" nowadays!
Hopefully, Amos-5 will move a little more towards 16° E, that would probably also ease reception in Europe (more separation from Astra 19.2° interference).
 
Leveraging their respective knowledge of Africa’s fast-growing broadcast markets, the two operators will pool their commercial efforts to ignite further growth
It takes a special kind of
awnker.gif
to write stuff like this.
 
I've been chasing this one for a while now and managed to get some movement for the first time 11884 V 27500, I have no chance of locking it in :( but pleased to see I am getting a little sniff:).
DSCN6873.webp
 
Don't worry Martin. A few more weeks and it will be booming in on your 1.8m!

Thanks Alex, it will be boring then :rolleyes: and I will have to find something else to chase :), I did get a little movement on two other transponders but the above was the strongest,

A nice clear morning here today I will take another look shortly :)
 
Boring?! Are you crazy? Just wait till you start tearing your hair out getting those countless just-over-the-digital-cliff-edge C band transponders across the sky...
 
What I was saying Alex if a signal is easy to get its boring for me,

Just wait till you start tearing your hair out getting those countless just-over-the-digital-cliff-edge C band transponders across the sky

Now were talking :) when the 1.8 goes up my fringe will move to a new level:)
 
What I was saying Alex if a signal is easy to get its boring for me,



Now were talking :) when the 1.8 goes up my fringe will move to a new level:)
I thought that was your hair that will move to a whole new level :-)
 
:D

The 1.2 is at its very limit here, I've managed to maintain a signal on 11884 with no cloud 1/20% flickering, I've tried fine tuning, but I must have done a good job in the first place,

The best signal I have had was from 11717 but I cant hold a lock due to a little movement in the dish,

Time to move on from this one now but I will be back in the near future :).
 
Just managed to get Reuters on Amos 17E - CBand with 1.5 Dish but signal playing around
 

Attachments

  • Reuter WNS 17e.webp
    Reuter WNS 17e.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 31
Sadly not a sniff with a gib 1.25 :-(
Had been trying for quite some time but it's only today that the signal seemed to be a little bit better.
 
Back
Top