Amos 5 @ 17° East

I used to get that frequency on the 1.5m but I have some branches growing over the top of the dish blocking signal from several satellites.
 
Last time I checked 11884 was coming in better than 12208, certainly time of day pending and conditions this one for me, still room for improvement the dish is far from lined up I am sure I can gain a fair bit more its not tracking properly for a start, I am going to order a digital inclinometer today.
 
Today fine locking of 12208 H 17667 here in slovenia with 12o cm..
 

Attachments

  • 17E_Satelio.webp
    17E_Satelio.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 18
I had a go at 12208 and bingo there it is...Used to receive it about a year ago but since then no go except today....InfoKanal.webp
 
Satelio Infokanal - Amos 5 @ 17° East.webp

First time locked a ku band freq. of Amos 5 at 6.4 db.
 
Nice catch, Chris. This was a very temperamental satellite for me - didn't help the fact that the house was in the way.
 
Locking the west central beam here atm :). please ignore my sat position.
Indeed Martin, after several months of absence, 11884 V can be locked again here too, with a fragile 4.8 dB.
 
Indeed Martin, after several months of absence, 11884 V can be locked again here too, with a fragile 4.8 dB.

Nice catch hvdh :) conditions was good today I've not locked this TP before but ive not persevered at this position, I will certainly come back and have a good look at some point :)
 
Yes ive noticed time of day and conditions play a big part here, nice chase though:), I will keep popping back as and when conditions permit :)
 
Back
Top