Amos 5 @ 17° East

4 Congolese TV's were added to the 11884 V mux:
RTGA (RTGA World)
TELE 50
DCC (Digital Congo)
B-ONE TV
 
Only thing right now, with 4.6 dB too weak for making screenshots, while sound is usually there.
Maybe more luck tomorrow morning.
 
I chased this bird for a while, I managed to get some movement but under lock, my dish needs tweaking since its move, I will give it another go at some point, good luck in the near future Hvdh :).
 
From my QTH, the signal is not very strong but this TXP is not difficult to lock, thanks hvdh for the update.

11884V7.webp 11884V6.webp
 
Hi to all, just want to know if it's possible to get the Amos 5 ku-band Chanels , with a 3.10 m mesh satellite dish in the nord-est of Italy , near venise.
45.27• N - 11.12• E

Thanks
 
Hi to all, just want to know if it's possible to get the Amos 5 ku-band Chanels , with a 3.10 m mesh satellite dish in the nord-est of Italy , near venise.
45.27• N - 11.12• E

Thanks
I would definitely imagine so. You will be able to get all the three beams with a 3.10 Mesh Dish.
 
I would definitely imagine so. You will be able to get all the three beams with a 3.10 Mesh Dish.
Thanks for reply, will give a trial
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I chased this bird for a while, I managed to get some movement but under lock, my dish needs tweaking since its move, I will give it another go at some point, good luck in the near future Hvdh :).
It's good there was a loose bolt and I had to align the dish again 2 weeks ago, it improved reception a bit!
11883 V often gives 5 dB in the evenings. And since today, RTNC is back.

11800 V is easier to lock (FEC 2/3), but nothing to see there, only colour bars.
vlcsnap-2015-06-02-01h02m35s91.webp 17.0E-RFScan.webp
 
It's good there was a loose bolt and I had to align the dish again 2 weeks ago, it improved reception a bit!
11883 V often gives 5 dB in the evenings. And since today, RTNC is back.

11800 V is easier to lock (FEC 2/3), but nothing to see there, only colour bars.
View attachment 78962 View attachment 78963

Great stuff hvdh :), ive tweaked and tweaked and tried at the best of times day and night and not locked anything in but had movement, its the 1.8 dish for me this one :(
 
Yes Martin dish size will be even more important for 17°E, to suppress Astra 19.2°E.
It's noticeable here too, need to point somwhere between 16.6° and 16.8° for best dB values.
 
Are you getting any Ku-transponders from this bird Zorbua?
 
No lock here either on 11884 V the last few weeks, despite good weather now.
But it will come again, this one has its up and down moods!
Edit: congrats!
 
No lock here either on 11884 V the last few weeks, despite good weather now.
But it will come again, this one has its up and down moods!
Edit: congrats!

Thanks hvdh, I am locking a few here, I might stay parked here for the night and see if the cloud clears, I am moving the motor with a car battery atm lol, here's another :).

DSCN9001.webp
 
11884 was always visible but below lock for me on the 1.5m. 12207 came in sometimes at 5dB, locked and watchable.
 
11884 was always visible but below lock for me on the 1.5m.

Well I must say I am impressed, this is what the dish is looking at on a wobbly pole with very little alignment and I am getting this from 11884 :), I can see the sort of reception I will get on a clear day when the dish has been fine tuned :), ive parked here for the night and just sat down with a beer, I will go through the transponders and see if i can get anymore.

DSCN9002.webp DSCN9003.webp
 
Not from UK (Rename thread ? )

New channels in the mux 11884 V (the easiest to lock )


rayuwa.webp NomaTV.webp
 
Back
Top