Analogue Amstrad SDR400 - not working, any ideas?

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
Hi all, just moved on my old sdr400 which unfortunately doesn't seem to work but lights up ok. Hasn't been used for a few years since I moved to somewhere needing 100m of cable to the dishes! Any suggestions of simple things to try? - I would like to try and be helpful to who bought it if at all possible.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
The first thing I would do would be to check that the receiver is connected to a dish pointing at a satellite with analogical transmissions, and I think that limits you to Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees East, and Atlantic Bird at 5 degrees West. A sky or Freesat dish on 28 degrees East will yield nothing. Apologies if this is too obvious and basic!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Not to mention the tuning may be off, so you'd need to retune the box once you get it on the right satellite.... :)

analoguesat.co.uk can yield the results for available channels and frequencies... :)

samandrach14a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm On some cheap £50 motor using an even cheaper Comag Sl65 (Patched)

60cm fixed with quad lnb feeding a sky+ box and Standard box

43cm sky tat dish feeding 1 sky+ box and 2 standard.
My Location
Wolverhampton
If you look at the back of the unit you will see a switch that will give you a black screen with two white lines when switched, if you get the test screen but just static when its switch back to normal , you will need to replace a clear fuse that is located inside the unit. Will look like an inline fuse you get for a car radio. Worth looking at will cost 30p if that to fix.

Cheers

Sam:confused

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
But why might the fuse have blown ............... it's there to protect something.

the engineer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 dreambox 500s / 1 gbsat 1m h/h mount used to use the joker cam and other cams but just dug my equipment back out after they have been having a long holiday
My Location
scotland
yep prob a short in the cable