Analogue receivers - where in the world?

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Where in the world could they be sold when 5w and 19e shut off?

Are any countries still primarily using analogue - where these receivers would have some sort of 'value'?

I am just sure that come 2011 there will be an abundance of analogue receivers on all the eBays across Europe.. and wondered if the residents of any countries anywhere in the world would actually pay top dollar for them. (As it would be a bit useless selling to anywhere else in the EU)

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
I am not sure all analogue will shut down on 19.2e, as far as i know eurosport are still undicided, on what the case of the matter is. However loook at 8w they still transmit Canal +, will this go soooon? you might have to see when time comes! do some providers in the middle east use the analogue as feeds?

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Markjose said:
I am not sure all analogue will shut down on 19.2e, as far as i know eurosport are still undicided, on what the case of the matter is. However loook at 8w they still transmit Canal +, will this go soooon? you might have to see when time comes! do some providers in the middle east use the analogue as feeds?

Well, it wont completely.. but 28 stations out of 40 have confirmed closure in 2010 (According to analoguesat's page)

That leaves 12 stations - and most of Germany's big boy stations will have gone - meaning the demise of Astra 19.2e analogue would probably (and sadly) be somewhat imminent after.

Edit: In fact, out of the 12 that will be left.. just over half will be German 'junk' channels (shopping and other 24.7 rolling rubbish) and the only 3 channels showing English language programing (Eurosport, MTV and CNN).. making 19.2e pretty redundant in Deutschland!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
dvmedia said:
Where in the world could they be sold when 5w and 19e shut off?

Ebay? :D

[Filler text for minimum post size]