Analogue signal OK | Problem to pick up Digital signal - LNB Octo

ilike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky+ Box
My Location
UK
Hello Everyone,

After some (i hope) extensive search...I am looking for your bright suggestions.

I bought:
# Brand new Raven satellite dish - 60cm elliptical
# Octo output LNB (MTI)

#Digital Receiver1: Amstrad Sky Digibox DRX400
#Digital Receiver2: Goodmans Freesat Receiver
#Analogue Receiver: Pace MSS100 I

#Satellite Finder from Maplin

#Location: London

After installing the dish at 28.2 for Freesat channels...we realised that no signal was received on the Digital Receiver.

I decided to move the dish to 19.2 and 13degree where I knew I could get both an analogue and a digital signal.

The satellite finder was giving a very strong signal, so I was confused to why the digital receivers were not responding.

I went and picked up an old Pace Analogue Receiver...and BINGO: the analogue channels on 19.2 degree are showing Crystal clear and fantastic picture.

Plugged back the digital receiver...and no signal !

I've seen on this forum people mentioning some "skew" problem on the LNB...I've done that...not solving the problem. (plus analogue channels disappearing).

I've also seen people talking about interferences in the house with DECT, WIRELESS...
I've disconnected the wireless router, unplugged the Cordless phone, unplugged the Homeplug internet...and not solving the issue.

So....would you have any ideas please ?

Thanks a lot

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Neither the Freesat, nor Sky box will receive channels from other satellites unless prompted.

Try looking for 28.2 East again with the meter. It will be somewhat stronger than the other two positions you have found so far.

Is there by chance something in the way of the dish at that position ?

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
If the goodmans freesat receiver has the same tp's as the humax one you should see digital from 19.2 e but not all only some!

are you using a digital or analog LNB ?

Markjose

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Markjose said:
If the goodmans freesat receiver has the same tp's as the humax one you should see digital from 19.2 e but not all only some!

are you using a digital or analog LNB ?

Markjose

No, a Freesat logo receiver defaults only to the transponders of Freesat out of the box. Since I believe it is the goal of the o/p to get Freesat, then I would not try to set the receiver to non-freesat searching at the moment.

ilike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky+ Box
My Location
UK
Thanks for your help.

I've moved the dish back to 28.2 as suggested...and for some reasons this time the freesat box (Goodmans) was picking up the signal.
It seems that the box needs to be restarted to notice the signal change.

Now, the Amstrad Sky Digibox...is still not picking up the signal...strange...

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have never had a duff output on an Octo LNB, but I would start by looping through the Freesat box as a test, and then checking all connection.

Have you peaked the dish and are you receiving all Freesat channels at the moment ?

ltkltkltk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace 2500B sky digibox, zone 1 sky minidish
My Location
Gloucestershire Cotswolds
Amstrad boxes(is it one of the white ones with the blue sky LN:cool: are fairly lame at getting a signal and have problams with the tuners

resetting it a couple of times works for me

ilike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky+ Box
My Location
UK
Channel Hopper said:
I have never had a duff output on an Octo LNB, but I would start by looping through the Freesat box as a test, and then checking all connection.

Have you peaked the dish and are you receiving all Freesat channels at the moment ?

I am getting all the Freesat channels indeed, and I haven't spent more than 20 minutes adding the non freesat channels to the freesat box :)