andrews dish on a stab 120 motor

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
is this suitable thing to do as i've seen on stabs website that they do some adaptors to make the motor pole 76mm.

is anyone using this setup or is it dangerous due to the weight of the dish ?

as it would make an easier setup than using a 1224 motor which is quite big and bulky

the size of andrews dish i'm talking about is only 90cm not a 1.2m size.

another thing that i wondered was would the dish track the arc right on this type of motor ?

thanks

wod

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The maximum weight that the HH120 can handle is 17kg. Do you know how much the dish weighs?

If it is capable of the weight, it should track the arc just like it would with any other dish, if set up correctly.

Robbo:)

R

Rd100

Myself i would not, Why not just use your 1224 it only takes a few minutes to install it on a small 90cm dish,

wod said:
is this suitable thing to do as i've seen on stabs website that they do some adaptors to make the motor pole 76mm.

is anyone using this setup or is it dangerous due to the weight of the dish ?

as it would make an easier setup than using a 1224 motor which is quite big and bulky

the size of andrews dish i'm talking about is only 90cm not a 1.2m size.

another thing that i wondered was would the dish track the arc right on this type of motor ?

thanks

wod