Another Newby Question

asimmd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci super,60cm motorised dish, MTI High Line 0.2db Single Digital LNB self built PC
My Location
Lancashire
Hi All

Thanks to everyone for the buying advice,I have purchased a system based on the advice offered, it's sitting in the hall,still boxed, as I need to summon up the courage to have a go at installing it.

Question,if I point the dish at Astra 28.2,will I get all the FTA channels,same as if I had a Freeview box?

Thanks

Alan

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i dont know how many free view channels you,ll get on astra 28.2 you can get the bbc channels but i think itv is encrypted
if you can get the motor setup using the great guides on this site and program your technomate with the right files you,ll get a lot better a choice of channels on hotbird astra19.2 and hispa sat
good luck you,ll need it

asimmd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci super,60cm motorised dish, MTI High Line 0.2db Single Digital LNB self built PC
My Location
Lancashire
Thanks Wolfav

I have spent all morning studying all the "how to" files,they are very helpful,I need to get the proceedure in my head before I start.

One thing not sinking in is how to translate my co-ordinates to the Dish setting.I am at 53.6780N 2.8250W,if anyone can help me with this,I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Alan

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi asimmd,
given your location, you will probably need to set the dish up on Thor 1W, for more detailed advice we will need to know the type of motor.
Your dish is a little on the small side for a few of the satellite channels, I usually recommend a minimum 80-90cm dish, but you have made a good choice on your receiver.
On the Technomate web site there is a quick set up guide for the Technomate 8000, which should be similar for your receiver.
Motorised Installation (Diseqc 1.2)

Diseqc 1.2 is fully configured from 43degree West to 45degree East- 35 KU-Band satellites. When you find and save one satellite it will automatically configure the rest of the 34 satellites. When you tune all the satellites you want, then exit and press the Satellite button and select the satellite of your choice. It will automatically move to the selected satellite, therefore, you do not need to move your motor to each satellite and save.

How to Install Diseqc 1.2 Motorised

Turn on the receiver. In Main Menu, go to No.3 Reset (Factory Default) and press OK three times. In Menu Select, choose Main Menu and press OK and wait until you see a larger Main Menu appear. Then use >> and go to the Installation menu
(DO NOT USE EASY INSTALLATION). Then go to (No.2 Satellite Setup) and press OK.

Select No.2 Satellite System Setup and use << or >> to select Hotbird and press OK. In Satellite System Setup menu, go to No.4 Motor Setting. In Satellite System Setup, use >> to select Diseqc 1.2, then press OK on Diseqc 1.2. The menu will change to Motorised Diseqc 1.2 menu. Select the satellite you want by using >> on the top of the menu. Press OK on the satellite you want. The motor will start moving and a Moving banner will appear on the screen. Wait until you see the signal has increased to about 50%. If this is not achieved, then go to Motorised Diseqc 1.2 menu, go to No.4 Move Motor and press and hold << or >> to move the motor until the signal quality has increased. Then go to No.6 Motor Control. Use << or >> until you see Save. Press OK to Save. After this, go to No.8 and press OK (it will take you to Auto Search). Check the signal is above 50% in the progress bar. Press OK on No.1 Satellite- it will start tuning. Repeat for more satellite installations.

In Auto Search menu, in No.1 Satellite use << or >> to select the satellite you want and press OK. It will automatically find the satellite. When you see a signal in the progress bar, press OK to search. This can be achieved only if the first stage of the installation has been done.

Motorised Diseqc (USALS)

Repeat same installation as Diseqc 1.2 Motorised except in Satellite System Setup menu, in No.4 Motor Setting, use << or >> to select USALS and press OK. You will then see the USALS Setting menu. In No.1 Satellite Name, use << or >> to select the satellite you want. Then go to No.4 Longitude, e.g. for London enter 0010, the use << or >> to select S (South) or N (North). After this, go to No.5 Latitude, e.g. for South England 515N. Then go to No.6 Motor Control and use << or >> until you see GOTO and press OK. The motor will start to move.

To make a fine adjustment, go to No.7 Move Motor and press and hold << or >> intermittently (press << or >> on/off) until you see the signal at its highest. You have to go back to Longitude and adjust the numbers, e.g. to 001.2/3/4/5/ etc, and go to No.6 Motor Control. Press GOTO until you achieve the highest percentage of signal strength. Once this is achieved, go to (No.8 Go to Auto Search). In Auto Search menu, select the satellite by using << or >> and press OK. The motor will move automatically to the satellite of your choice. Then press OK to tune.
Please post back with more details of your motor if you have any questions or experience any problems.
Best wishes
Mickha

asimmd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire
Hi All

The motor supplied is;

Technomate TM-2100 A Diseqc 1.2 Motor

Thanks for the advice.

Alan

Lord Minty

DIY motorised
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.3dB Fortec Star lnb, 90cm Fortec Star dish, Silver Crest SL65 receiver, Stab HH90 motor...
My Location
Bedford
I've recently DIY installed my own system too! You should get just under 300 (about 290) channels FTA from 28E (Astra2/Eutelsat).

Sadly many are Quiz/Game or Shopping channels though :(