Another Smart Quad LNB Failure

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI ALL!

I have decided to avoid the Smart Blue Cap Quad LNB's from now on. I have three boxes connected to a 60cm dish with said LNB on it and all boxes are showing the same fault....missing channels. I checked my main system in the living room and all channels are there on my TD78 with GT SAT quad LNB. Last October I had to change the Smart Blue Cap to the same one and now this has failed!!!

That is the second one I have had go down in a year......not impressed at all! So, it looks like I have a job to do when I get a nice day again. Smart Blue Cap quad you suck!! :mad::mad::mad:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They're generally well thought of, but there can I guess be bad batches.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
When they work I have to say it's a good LNB. Very high output. But this one has only lasted a year and it's put me off buying another one. I've got a Maclean MCTV 629 LNB on the dish now. It's not bad and I suppose for what I paid (£8.99 delivered) I can't complain but not quite as high output as the Smart Blue Cap.