Anyone got one? Uniden UBC-125XLT

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Had several models over the years, portable and base station. 25 to 960 is pretty much only airband worth listening to. I had a 25-1300 but there's not much about now in those freqs.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Had several models over the years, portable and base station. 25 to 960 is pretty much only airband worth listening to. I had a 25-1300 but there's not much about now in those freqs.
Being near the local air port I thought it may be interesting. Hoping to borrow one to try it out. Say after me......I must not buy another gadget to add to the other clutter.......I must not buy another gadget to add to the other clutter.......I must not buy another gadget to add to the other clutter.......I must not buy another gadget to add to the other clutter.......

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
The only Uniden I have is the UBC9000XLT desktop ...
But I do have Fairmate HP-100E ...Not used for some time and in need of some TLC ...and a new Antenna.
rgds

btw TJ ...regarding gadgets and too much clutter ?
No such animal ....

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
If your close to an airport, you should be able to pull in tower and ground. You may need an external aerial or loft installation. I put a discone in the loft, worked fine.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I've got a Yupiteru MVT-7100 handheld scanner in Finland but haven't really used it for ages as there isn't so much out there any more. I really should bring it back to the UK as I think it's more interesting here living near Heathrow.

A

Archive-8

I have a uniden bc796d, a realistic 2042(discriminator mod for data) a Yupiteru mvt 7000 and 7100. Plus 2 more handheld radios in the loft.

All are very easy to operate apart from the yupi's I still need the book for them.

Sound like you need a multi band radio.

I thought Bournemouth airport went digital for all of the ground Coms?

Atis, the tower should all be in am.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
discone in
I have a uniden bc796d, a realistic 2042(discriminator mod for data) a Yupiteru mvt 7000 and 7100. Plus 2 more handheld radios in the loft.

All are very easy to operate apart from the yupi's I still need the book for them.

Sound like you need a multi band radio.

I thought Bournemouth airport went digital for all of the ground Coms?

Atis, the tower should all be in am.
Yes I think so, therefore I will have to find out if there is a hand held that does both.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I have its baby brother
image (3).jpeg

What you need is an outdoor antenna, an aux lead/jack to jack and DMR Decode (for the digital comms like MOTOTrbo), Taxi MDT Decoder for taxicabs, some VHF ACARS software and some pager decoding software

If you can, go for a set that goes lower or get an SDR setup, there is all sorts going on down there below 25Mhz, clandestine/spy "Numbers stations", military, HF airband, HF Fax/WeFax, not to mention all the exotic shortwave radio stations

I regret getting rid of my Icom PCR1000

Have a look at websdr.org and see if any are local to you, it'll give you an idea of whats on air nearby

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
That's a handy link.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
That's a handy link.
I can waste...... I mean spend many hours on there flicking through the bands lol

It's handy for tracking down HF broadcasts i.e. if you know the rough area say, Eastern Europe you could tune one of the SDRs over there and check out the signal strength, then move to the next one and eventually you will find the strongest signal and tie it to a town or city

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
It's something similar to sdranywhere.com, isn't it?