anyone know the best lnb & feedhorn for my new ex virgin media 2.5 solid prime focus

jambon550192

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1m orbit h2h manhatton plaza cm1.8 inverto quad with cm feedhorn at 7w,tm 6900 super hdfixed 1.5 prime focus on 16e with tring diseqc x4 at 7w v/h 13e 19.2e 28.2e with 3 quad smart titanium gold 0.1 lnbs ,TM-3000d 2.5 precision at 25.5e using bein sport box 4k 1.2 ch master on 7w and prodelin 3.7m for scanning .
My Location
Cyprus
Hello to all can anyone help me I've got a dish lookin at 7w but now I want admc at 26e anyone know the best c120 lnb and feedhorn thanks everyone
 
have you tried to get 26e with the dish and the lnb you got and see if you need to change it or not
 
I hope you do get admc sport on 26 east,i tried my 2.4m dish a few months ago in the summer time still i lost all signal in the rain.For 24/7 signal in the uk no matter what the weather is,you have to look at a dish of 3.0m + the admc receiver has the worst tuner i have ever seen.I gave up with my admc box and sold it,and i have never looked back.
 
No the lnb I have don't think it's a universal lnb so I need to get one ve got an inverto quad it works well on 7w I get all 101 and 102 on nilesat 24/7 so I may try that with a feedhorn it's a c120 anyways I hope I get it
 
Dont you get ADMC on 7W Nilesat 201 - 12092V / 12111H?
 
well i wont get it with my 1.8 andrews looking at 7w but i maytry with the 2.5 do we know what is easyer as u like to pick up i dont know anyone with signal on 201 as of yet
 
Its a bit of a toss up between Badr 6 & Nilesat 201. I think Badr 6 is a little stronger from the few UK reports Ive seen.
 
yeah thats good ive seen reposrt on here of the 2.4cm getting 60%+ signal so i hope my 2.5 will be as good i cant see virgin media buying crap dishes it very well made and is one peice solid thick aluminum so i hope i get good results
 
Anymore dishes virgin media want to get rid off. wouldn't mind one like yours or even a 3.1m solid. let me know if any are going.
 
yeah will do i know they have a 3m one that they told me they will not need soon ill keep an eye ball out, if anyone wants a andrews cm 1.8 for sale let me know
 
Setting up new dish on Saturday/Sunday I'll post results of badr6 on here as soon as I know what I'm
Looking at hoping for a good signal for admc sports.
 
Nice dish mate, great to see it today in the flesh. Hopefully you'll be able to use the Precision feed that comes with the dish that you have. Think though that you'd have to grind a lot more off the the C120 flange than I thought, as the receptical is smaller than I thought. Still, you could use the flange from the OMT you have as a template. Well I assume its an OMT, not seen one before.

By the way guys, the dish is a spun aluminium made by Precision.
 
No,it was just three, attached about a foot maybe, in from the rim.
 
any pics of this dish
 
here is some pictures i got badr6 no worrys little bit of tweeking to do run out of day light
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0221.webp
    IMG_0221.webp
    336.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0223.webp
    IMG_0223.webp
    157.3 KB · Views: 150
Fab result for a sub-optimal alignment.

Be interesting to see just what can be achieved when it's totally finished.
 
nice dish like mine i got 2.2 which lnb are u using
 
thanks guys im using a quad inverto c120 with the precsion feedhorn at the moment its taped to it! but ill work on that in the week. i hope i can squeez abi more because of the crap tuners in them ad sports boxes.
 
Well done mate i had the same signal on Ad Sport 11804 H,with the tm 6900.When you get the Admc Sport Box it will knock around,20%-25% off the signal because of the crap tuner on the Admc Sport Box.
 
Back
Top