Anyone running 2 twinhan cards (sat and freeview)?

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell PC + Twinhan sat-CI PCI card + Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t PCI card
My Location
England
Hi all.

I'm currently running a Twinhan PCI 1030a sat-ci card on XP with no issues but I'm contemplating buying a DVB-t PCI freeview tuner of some sort to sit alongside it. Maplin are selling Twinhan digital tuners at under £50 but just wanted to make sure that the 2 internal Twinhan tuners could live together first.

I checked on the Twinhan website but they only state that you can't run the Twinhan analog tuner with the sat tuner.....pity they didn't mention running 2 digital tuners.

Anyone got any experience of this? Alternatively is anyone running another make of DVB-t card alongside the Twinhan.

Any help would be much apperciated.

thanks
C

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
ProgDVB 4.70 onwards says it supports more than one device at a time.

www.progdvb.com

Rgds

L.:)

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thanks Lancelot.

Actually I've tried the latest version of progdvb but found it froze on quite a few channels that the shipped Twinhan viewer was ok with. It may be that my dish needs to be fine tuned as I set it up manually a couple of years ago without a sat finder....I'm going to try and retune it when I get chance.

However, in case it's not the tuning issue, then I may need to rely on the Twinhan software so I would like a definite thumbs up that the shipped software works ok.....but thanks anyway.

Regards
C

Woody44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6902 HD T2 Super
24inch Apple iMac, i7 920 PC, 32inch Samsung LED TV
My Location
At the receiving end.
Hi There.
I currently use a Twinhan PCI card, and for freeview, I have an external USB Hauppauge WinNova T. These seem to co-exist ok, even though my computer is a bit on the old side (PIII, 550MHz). I didnt have a spare pci slot for a terrestrial card!!
Hope this helps.

Woody.

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thanks vey much Woody.

I must say I had my heart set on a PCI card (not bothered which make it is particularly) but that does give me other options. Does the WinNova have a card slot for TopupTV or editable channel list, by the way?

C

gromit4x4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC: AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 | Twinhan sat CI DVB-S | Nebula DVB-T | iMON rsc | HD70 | Kenwood DVT7000 | Tannoy EFX5.1 |

Moteck SG2100A | ISS 80cm
My Location
South Coast
I am using a Nebula pci DVB-t card and a pci Twinhan DVB-s card, they both have the same fusion chipset and the work fine together with win xp.

I can record with one whilst watching the other and vice versa, I know this doesn't directly answer your question but I thought it might help, more on my setup here:http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=56901&highlight=nebula

Nebula also currently have a sale on and will soon be able to support topup tv with an addon card reader. HDTV, multi tuner setups are also possible

more here: http://www.nebula-electronics.com/products/products.asp?class=DigiTV

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thanks Gromit4x4.

That is comforting news that the 2 cards can live side-by-side. I was dreading splashing out 60-70 quid on a card that wouldn't work correctly.

Can you manually tune the channels on the Nebula card by the way (using the supplied software or with MediaPortal or whatever)?

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
All......sorry to keep on about this but I've just about finally decided to plum for a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t PCI card to augment my Twinhan VisionDTV Sat-CI card.

Has anyone managed to get these 2 cards working together? Alternativly has anyone had any bad experiences of this combination. Thanks again.

Woody44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6902 HD T2 Super
24inch Apple iMac, i7 920 PC, 32inch Samsung LED TV
My Location
At the receiving end.
chicky said:
Thanks vey much Woody.

I must say I had my heart set on a PCI card (not bothered which make it is particularly) but that does give me other options. Does the WinNova have a card slot for TopupTV or editable channel list, by the way?

C

The usb version I have does NOT have top-up tv capabilities. No card slot, no cam facility.
However, the channel details ARE editable, and I am told it is possible to get at least one of the pay-tv channels open by using this method. ;)

Woody.

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thanks again Woody......actually I believe there is a way to get top-up tv with Hauppauge tv cards (at least if this link on a rival forum is correct...
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=3137)

That's what made my mind up for me (oh, and being able to manually edit the channels).

C

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
I understand that hauppauge thread above has been unavailable....it's back up now. Take a look if you're interested in case it goes back down again.

chicky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Just thought it might interest some of you to know that I did splash out after on a new Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t PCI card and it's working fine alongside the existing Twinhan VisionDTV Sat-CI PCI card.

I have never tried getting the 2 viewers running together, but they certainly work ok by themselves.