Apartment block installation dilemma with cable length

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDcom
Humax
My Location
Lebanon
Hello,

with some others on our apartment block we are thinking of putting a central array of dishes in our building.
We want to put a dish in for Astra, which is out of footprint and could be received with a 2 meter, however the signal is not very strong and lots of cascades might make it difficult to receive.
One party suggested putting the dishes on top of the building, which would lead in my case to cabling over 50 meter, not ideal.

I have taken a look at the Invacom fiber optic solution which might work well for Astra, but how to add the signals of Arabsat, Hotbird and Sirius?
Does Spaun make fiber optic systems?

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Camelrider :-pachrist

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
50 metres should be fine, though you could use a larger diameter cable from the standard to minimise the loss

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The Invacom fibre optic LNB is certainly nearly lossless in delivering the signal to wherever you want. Unfortunately, from what I've read it's just about useless in fringe conditions as it's not very sensitive.

Which Astra are you wanting? Astra 1 is at 19E and Astra 2 is at 28E.

A nonymous

Reaction score
How many properties are there in the block, How many feeds will be required for each property?

50m shouldn't be a problem as long as the signal is clean with reasonable MER readings, it can always be amplified :-thumbup

Have you looked at the equipment that is available from Vision?

You may find outside the UK "Vision" equipment is marketed under the "Terra" brand name :D

:-beer

Nano