Apollo 3 programmer for funcard

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
I certainly kept you busy Rolf. Accept my gratitude. I will try this new angle and report.

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
Thank you all brilliant and talented people. Finally my Apollo 3 cooperated. The problem was as usual simple misunderstanding. This programmer has two ports. One IN female and one OUT male for 2 printer cables. One from PC to programmer and another form programmer to printer. Go figure...
I was simply disconnecting printer and connecting programmer, leaving another end open . The rational was that programmer without on/off switch better not be left sitting between PC and printer almost permanently Appearently it is not what manufacturers had in mind. As soon as I used extra parallel female end to plug other end of programmer it started to funcion OK. I only wish they bothered to print simple instruction it would have saved many people many hours.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, its very often something very simple Sailor, I've been caught many a time by these little things :)

The good thing is that you have it working and will from this day, be the acknowledged authority on the Apollo 3 :D

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
"Aknowledged authority" is huge overstatement but thanks anyways. Now I have bigger challange. To learn how best use my Samsung 9000, my Aston cam and my Apollo 3 to get more signals of more providers in more encodings on my screen. So I would have to read all you smarter guys posted on forums. If only my brain was some 40 years younger...

xeikon2483

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
apollo programmer
sailor said:
Help needed . If somebody familiar with Apollo 3 programmer, please advise if it is needed to reconfigure paralell port on PC. I am trying different software.Funprom, Funmagic , erasing, alternating between 2 files ( flash and ext.eeprom) and 3 files ( flash,ext and int. eeprom ). All in vain. Nothing but error messages. Looks like my PC and programmer are not communicating. There is no manual and I don.t have a clue how to configur paralell port.
Many thanks. Sailor
CHECK IN WINDOW/SYSTEM32 FOR DLPORTIO.SYS FILE IF IT IS NOT PRESENT RUN FUNPROM/SYSTEM/INSTALL NT PORT DRIVERS THEN REBOOT AND RECHECK FOR DLPORTIO.SYS IN ABOVE LOCATION ONE STEP CLOSER I HOPE.....XEIKON2483 PS ALSO CHECK IN BIOS LP1 IS BI-DIRECTIONAL.