Arabsat 26E

kavkas6

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattleite strong
My Location
london
hi everone ....

I would really appreciate it if someone can advise me on how to receive the Arabsat 26E channels especially MBC channels, I have the dish already fitted but can’t get the signal as i live in London. thank you

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Any clairvoyants on the forum tonight ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I knew you were going to ask that :D

SatAdvisor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Collective Dish
My Location
Middle East
You most likely have simple dish size problem, i.e. yours is too small! (Sorry for saying that without having seen it... smile). Let me explain: A few months ago, MBC has deliberately reduced the power of its transponder over Europe inorder to deal with rioghts management issues they were facing re: some of their content (essentially movies) purchased to Hollywood studios. For that reason, what used to be a good-enough dish size to receive them is now too small (you'd now need a 1.2m minimum, preferably 1.5m, dish!), although one can still receive perfectly well all other Arabsat's BADR-4 transponders. -- Hope this is clear enough and will help you fixing the problem; Rgds, E.

kavkas6 said:
hi everone ....

I would really appreciate it if someone can advise me on how to receive the Arabsat 26E channels especially MBC channels, I have the dish already fitted but can’t get the signal as i live in London. thank you

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
kavkas6 said:
hi everone ....

Well, I was getting the MBC channels a few days a go when it wasn't hissing it down, but today it is and I can't. That is in Kent with a 90cm dish and a Inverto Silvertech LNB. Dish size is obviously important with these channels.

Robbo:)

kavkas6

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sattleite strong
My Location
london
SatAdvisor and Robbo71 thank you very much for your help i really appreciate it

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Just got them back now, VERY marginal. It had stopped raining but I had to go out and dry the face of the LNB to get an acceptable signal quality back again.:)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
I watch MBC channels on 7west, weather permitting, never seen them on 26east.
Parky