Arabsat reception in UK?

Number Six

Member
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
North West UK
hello,

Could anyone possibly advise me on what I would need to receive Arab satellite channels in the UK? I live in the North West, near Liverpool/Manchester.

I have a 1.2m dish, and a 0.6m dish too. The receiver I have is faulty, and I am planning on replacing it with this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=224748

Would this kind of setup be OK? Would it be possible to get Arabic channels like this?

I heard recently the BADR-6 satellite is in orbit, would this increase my chances of receiving the Arabic services in my location?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
 
Receiver looks standard enough and will be fine for DVB-S reception. HDMI is for upscaling only by the look of it.

Badr-4, 26e is receivable with a 120cm, should get a reliable Mbc reception too with this size dish. What is the dish manufacture out of interest?
 
BADR 4 should come in fine with a 1.2m, but BADR 6 requires a much larger dish, over 2m at least.
 
I get a stable picture on the MBC's in all but poor weather on a 1.1m triax. Not too far from you.
 
I get the mbc channels here in stoke-on-trent even in poor weather, I think it is down to the lnb.
 
hello,

Thank you very much for your help guys!

Satelliteman, I'm afraid I have no idea of the manufacturer of the satellite dish. I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things, it wasn't me who installed the dish.

So if I were able to receive a good reception on BADR-4, I should be able to get all the "arabsat" channels?
 
hello to all.
did some tests on this posision.
used a 1.6 prime focus to see if the bbc was possible.
i found the 30 west spanish sat no problem but not the 27.5 west.

this satellite has bbc 1 and bbc 2 using a symbol rate of 39.777 .
first i nees to see the signal then find the receiver.

has anyone picked up this signal south of rome or anywhere else???
fringe area here.
thanks
ralph:)
 
hello,

For Arab channels on Badr satellite ,from my experience, I would recommend

that you have a good Lnb and dish.Channel master 1.2 m (Triax 1.2m) and Lnb I would like

to recommend MTI 0.2 db (white only) as the best I have used,not the blue one. The

receiver seems OK but I can't be sure. Good Luck
Thanks
 
Back
Top