Art Cards Beware

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Have just heard from a good source that ART cards, that are sold in the UK and Europe will NOT be showing any Premiership football next season.

The Arabic provider will not transmit to these cards, only those sold in their country.

Sorry I hope it's wrong, but I thought that it is better to warn people who might be thinking of buying these cards.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Rob said:
Have just heard from a good source that ART cards, that are sold in the UK and Europe will NOT be showing any Premiership football next season.

The Arabic provider will not transmit to these cards, only those sold in their country.

Sorry I hope it's wrong, but I thought that it is better to warn people who might be thinking of buying these cards.

Can they do that, like they were advertised as football cards. Surely they must provide the service that people paid for. As for the legality of these cards to be viewed in england and europe its for the respective countrys to prosecute not Art to withdraw. Anyway we will have to wait and see. Dont have one myself waiting to see what happens with nagra and of course tps.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Guess there will be a run on Digital Alb cards soon.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are cards that are supplied from North Africa (the vast majority) and cards supplied directly for UK customers (a very small number)

The North African imports should have no trouble, ,but it would be worth checking your card supplier as to the source.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
will these art cards be working if yes where to buy one

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
When i bought mine recently in Holland,the dealer, who happened to be from
Iran,told me that there would be uproer within the middle eastern community,
if these cards were stopped on 13deg east,especially the Prem. football.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
pothead13 said:
will these art cards be working if yes where to buy one
errmmm....did you read what Rob posted?

Blatherskite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD box (basic package)
DM800HD
Geotrack polar mount
88cm Triax dish
My Location
Geordieland
After reading your post I tried out my art card (bought from European supplier) and all the channels worked fine.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
malcolm said:
After reading your post I tried out my art card (bought from European supplier) and all the channels worked fine.
Maybe so malcolm but the question still is ,"will they show premiership football in the UK".

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
hi jimbo i see you have 1.0m dish how much does it improve signel to my 80 cm as get like 60% signel on some channels i want and thats not good enough

so we still dont know if art cards will work i want buy one but dont want waste £80 for card that wont work

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
dave branson said:
the dealer, who happened to be from
Iran,told me that there would be uproer within the middle eastern community,
if these cards were stopped on 13deg east,especially the Prem. football.

Amazing really when you think how much they hate the USA, UK and anything western, but if you want to really annoy them just switch off Premiership (western) football. :rolleyes:

yialousa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5500 CI
Rob said:
Amazing really when you think how much they hate the USA, UK and anything western, but if you want to really annoy them just switch off Premiership (western) football. :rolleyes:
i agree...they love our football...but your slightly wrong because (western) football is adored and played and viewed mainly in europe and latin america and not in the states......unfortunately the yanks havent yet appreciated the beauty of the game.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I think Rob may have been talking about our cousins in the Middle East.

L.:)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
pothead13 said:
hi jimbo i see you have 1.0m dish how much does it improve signel to my 80 cm as get like 60% signel on some channels i want and thats not good enough

so we still dont know if art cards will work i want buy one but dont want waste £80 for card that wont work
The only way to improve a signal is by increasing the size of your dish. There are other factors though and obviously at some stage you will not be able to improve it any further. The figure of 60% is meaningless for comparison on one receiver to another.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Still not looking good for Art cards as it seems you must telephone from a registered phone to activate your card for Premiership football.
And all registered phones must be in an Arabic land, not UK or Europe.

We will see, but not looking good.

alera

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for one !
Still a few of the pre paid Art cards going around that dont require phone activation. I was under the impression that the vast majority of Art cards on the market were imports from Africa / Middle East.

Of course I stand to be corrected.

stuntbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm1500ci, dragon cam, art card 80cm duel lnd fixed dish hotbird and Astra. 28" w/s tv
My Location
Sunny West Kirby, Wirral
Yes these cards are still going around.I have a couple. Prices have doubled over last few weeks because I presume that getting hold of these cards is becoming more difficult. Which is why I bought some 6 months ago and waited till now to activate one.
Works fine and is advertising Premiership footie. But worryingly didn't show Charity Shield or whatever they are calling it now..

alera

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for one !
Well I guess we find out tommorow.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Well how did the ART cards do ?
Any problems getting football over the weekend.
Seems on other forums some people had problems with the first two games, but alright for the Liverpool game.
Let us know how you got on !

alera

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for one !
No problems. All the games were available.