ART for PL 08/09 - Yes or no?

ciaran

Reaction score
As digitalb prices seem to have jumped considerably (220quid)...i was wondering if there is any truth in the rounour that art sport have got premiership mathces back as advertised on falconsat...

_http://www.falconsat.co.uk/month-arabesque-movies-live-epl-back-art-and-sports-p-1873.html?osCsid=605ee63e598cb1c5d27b13d91fa0459c

if this is true, does anyone know how many channels will be showing it and if they will be showing 3 o clcok football...

falconsats ad is as clear as mud.

thanks

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
you will find out more definates days before on liveonsat .. google it

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I don't think they have got the premiership. In fact I heard that ART have lost the champions league to JSC sports.

twag44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
plaza350,dreambox7000,triax110,
My Location
Holland
try this website _www.marconidigital.com theyre selling art cards

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
I have looked on their site, ART will be allowed to show one Premiership game every Saturday on Hotbird, albeit with a slight delay and the commentary WILL not be in English. no confirmation if 3pm.

ho hum

ciaran

Reaction score
andyw37 said:
I have looked on their site, ART will be allowed to show one Premiership game every Saturday on Hotbird, albeit with a slight delay and the commentary WILL not be in English. no confirmation if 3pm.

ho hum

considering that the ART site is in arabic..then i very much doubt, unless you speak arabic that youve actually been able to do this...

i guess the answer to my question is that nobody actually knows!

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
art on 13 east had originaly art1-6, recently its changes to 1-4 with the changes changing their names "art hekayat zamane" for north aricans..and the other was one of the showtime channels (from 7w).

Now this "showtime" channel has shown EPL along with the other showtime channels.

At this stage i would say that the showtime channel on 13e will 70percent show one game

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Are you sure its a showtime channel ? Whats it called ? Or what frequency so I can re scan it?

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
showtime maghreb channel on 13east goes by the channel id of:-

ART ARABESQUE 12013H

as i said art sport 5 and 6 were dropped in place of the renamed 2

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
I told you that I had read the site, I have been involved with arabic installs in North London for 8 years.

So unless you dont understand English dont publish your comments.

I told you what i read, if you dont want to accept this go elsewhere or dont post!!!!

PS if you want an arabic interpreter choose a dialect and I will get someone to call you.

ciaran

Reaction score
andyw37 said:
I told you that I had read the site, I have been involved with arabic installs in North London for 8 years.

I told you what i read, if you dont want to accept this go elsewhere or dont post!!!!

PS if you want an arabic interpreter choose a dialect and I will get someone to call you.

jebus...

keep your hair on.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
andyw37 said:

ciaran said:
jebus...

keep your hair on.

Come on gentlemen, everyone has a right to post an opinion.

As far as I am aware, ART will have no rights to PL games of any sort. Showtime have the North African/Middle East rights, and last season showed nearly every game, often utilising non-sports channels to do so. I'd advise that ART is not an option for PL football.

Also, if you want to know what's going on, you might like to ask on this thread - http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s/85705-english-premier-league-art-again.html. It was reported in Jan 2007 that ART were getting some games for 2007/2008, but that didn't happen, Showtime showed the games exclusively.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Now now lads, we pride ourselves on being a friendly forum. Please keep it that way :)

choccy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1500ci
My Location
Glasgow
Any truth in the rumours yet.

The Marconi & Falcon website clearly states they do have access to EPL & SPL - Ive emailed them & they clearly came back saying yes they do have LIVE games. (3Pm's I don't know)

i know it's reiterating an old question but surely false advertising & misrepresentation are an issue if it's not true.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
ART via ART Arabesque aka Showtime Maghreb has shown at least 4 EPL matches this weekend (16 and 17 Aug) --- though no Saturday 3pm match (as with many other providers).