ART sports + Al jazeera SPorts

R

Removed

Is there any way to get into these channels without their expensive cards?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No there isn't, apart from cardshare, but I would consider those to be inexpensive, at least compared to the European equivalents.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
lol they aren't expensive , 150 ish for 12mth viewing which works out at 12.50 a month

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
shop around mate, I picked up a 1yr art carte (art sport 1-6, plus al jazeera sports 1 +2) for £114 incl delivery on ebay 'buy it now'. £9.50 a month for all that footy is good value!
TPS/multi was better for nowt of course but it looks like the free party with the french is over. I can't believe they allowed us to access it so easily for so long, but all good things must come to an end!

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
me123 said:
shop around mate, I picked up a 1yr art carte (art sport 1-6, plus al jazeera sports 1 +2) for £114 incl delivery on ebay 'buy it now'. £9.50 a month for all that footy is good value!
TPS/multi was better for nowt of course but it looks like the free party with the french is over. I can't believe they allowed us to access it so easily for so long, but all good things must come to an end!

it hasnt ended here :) got it on au now :) had it for weeks :)

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Triax with Twin LNB's, Manhattan Starlight MX
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Can anyone advise me how to get these cards to work. I have just purchased one and have inserted it into my receiver and expected the channels to work. Do i have to do anything else?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you should have got a message on screen then the channels would come on.

also have you put the card in the right way around ?

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
I had no message on the screen? I have tried swapping the card around with no luck. I don't even see any of the Art sports channels listed under the Hotbird channel list any idea how i get the channels listed?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Try scanning 12.015H, 27500 on Hotbird for the Art channels would seem a good start.

Also is your receiver able to accept Viaccess cards ?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
you will need to do a scan of tp 12015 H 27500 3/4

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
OK did a scan of the above as you advised, i've got the channels but its saying scrambled signal on all of the channels? I am pretty sure i've got a viaccess receiver as i've been using a dragon cam in it. Any suggestion?

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
Panic over i'm a silly, i didn't realise that i had to put the card into the dragon cam. I wonder what the other slots are for then? Thanks for your help! This satellite stuff is bad for your health i'll have to go apologise to the Mrs as i snapped at her for disturbing me whilst trying to resolve this little matter. Thats going to cost me a bit today! :D

alfin

Reaction score
roadrage - I wonder what the other slots are for then?

Presumably for another CAM.
Just got full bouquet ART card off ebay £99 (incl pp), working fine in a dragon cam.
No message on screen, took 2/3 seconds to activate.

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
£99 is a bargain, i paid £114 including delivery. I have three slots, one thats directly above my dragon cam slot, and two to the left which look like slots on my sky box but not quite wide enough for a cam, perfect for a subs card though!
Can anyone tell me where i can find full program lists for the art and aljazeera channels? Oh and another thing when i have my art card inserted, i have trouble viewing other channels, all i get is a black screen? Is this normal?

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
When Hotbird 8 is in position will it affect ART Sport ?

The launch of Hotbird 7A spawned 2 new ART sport channels and Aljazeera +1 & +2

Since then im stuck with my ART sport 1-4, waiting for the card to run out, so I can buy another with the additional channels. However Im reluctant to do so until I find out if EVEN more channels are on the way.

I have a few questions,

When will Hotbird 8 be moved and start transmitting on 13E ?
Does anyone know what will happen to Hotbird 3 ?
Are there plans for additional ART and/or Al jazeera sport channels ?
When will www.adduniverse.com be operational again ?

Grateful for any information you have.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
stuzeeuk said:
Since then im stuck with my ART sport 1-4, waiting for the card to run out, so I can buy another with the additional channels.

I also have an "old" Art card which should have shown Art Sports 1-4 as do other people but we also receive channels 5 & 6.

Have you scanned for channels 5 & 6, or they may still be down as World Cup 1 & 2 as you should be receiving these channels now.
They might be showing a logo at the moment but when the football starts the picture appears.

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Rob,

Ive been doing this for a while so i dont think its a basic error (famous last words)

I scan hotbird reasonably regularly and the channels are there and all seems well. The channel info changed from WC 1 & 2 to ART 5 & 6, a few weeks ago, the signal is fine and all the other channels open up apart form 5 & 6........ when i flick onto ART 5 & 6 I just get a blank screen (no message whatsoever which is odd, I would normally get a 'service not available' message for no access to an encrypted channel).

I have a Powersky 8210, with a multicam.

As a result of your message I have inserted my Viaccess cam then ART card into it today and tried to open via the cam. I get the same result 1,2,3,4 fine 5 & 6 no access.

I assume my card is too old. Maybe you have a later version of the same card. My mate has the same problem. The card finshes next month so im not too worried.

ART SPORT 7 !
http://www.art-tv.net/Abtal2Channel/Abtal2_index.asp?ChannelId=23

See the banner across the top of the page. Looks like a 7th ART SPORT channel will soon be available. (Any arabic speakers out there ???? grateful if you could translate !)

Stuart

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
stuzeeuk said:
When Hotbird 8 is in position will it affect ART Sport ?

The launch of Hotbird 7A spawned 2 new ART sport channels and Aljazeera +1 & +2

Since then im stuck with my ART sport 1-4, waiting for the card to run out, so I can buy another with the additional channels. However Im reluctant to do so until I find out if EVEN more channels are on the way.

I have a few questions,

When will Hotbird 8 be moved and start transmitting on 13E ?
Does anyone know what will happen to Hotbird 3 ?
Are there plans for additional ART and/or Al jazeera sport channels ?
When will www.adduniverse.com be operational again ?

Grateful for any information you have.

Hotbird 8 will be put into service in October. Shes replacing Hotbird 3, which will be relocated along the arc

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
I am getting art sport 1-6 but not al jazeera 1+2, on an art carte card bought less than 2 months ago and advertised as providing art 1-6 plus al jaz sports 1+2. It was showing aj 1+2 last week but not tonite.Anyone else have this problem with al jaz sports?

B

beintot

just to confirm al jazeera 1+2 were off for me last night too,both back working again this morning by the looks of it