There is presumably a CAM menu in the receiver's software. That should presumably tell you the version of the embedded CAM firmware.
In any event, Aston certainly intended to support the upgrade of embeddded CAMs in their receivers via satellite. There have been two or three "tests" done of this over the past year or so, but the reported experiences are not universally happy. Certainly people trying to update the CI-CAMs in thsi way (as opposed to embedded CAMs) have usually ruined the CAM.
In any event, and although I don't know whether this is still available, the details were as follows:
- scan on Astra1 (19.2e) teh transponder 12601/H/22000 fec 5/6.
- store the channel found (should be "MHP or MHP-test")
- switch to that channel.
- switch off your receiver
- switch it on again
- go to the CAM menu
- a message in French appears: "Telechargement ... attendez SVP"
- then a progress bar
- when 100%... (may take a while)... switch off receiver
- switch on again
- If all is well, your CAM is updated...
after downloading the new version from Astra1 (19.2e),
i read in the CAM menu this notice :
- Type appareil : xena 1501
- version materiele : V01.00
- version du BOOT LOADER : V01.05
- version de l'application : x02.06
- version micro servetude : 033.00
mean that my receiver is updated to v01.05 ? so how many provider can contain this version ?