Astra 1

mattybee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish on a Stab Motor supported on 24" T&K brackets, with a Fortec Star Sigma reciever, picking up 4w to 42e
My Location
Widnes, Cheshire
Hi Guys

still getting my head around this satellite malarky lol, I have freeview built into my tv, and I have a Dish already up (65cm) and I am assuming it is pointing to Astra 28.2, so I think there is no point getting tv from that satellite, would my dish size be ok to pick up the Astra 19.0 Satellite and possibly Hotbird 13.0 without using a motor or monobloc, just by moving the dish

Cheers

Mattybee

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
I would have thought so. Give it a try, although you will only be able to receive one satellite at a time. Good luck!

mattybee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish on a Stab Motor supported on 24" T&K brackets, with a Fortec Star Sigma reciever, picking up 4w to 42e
My Location
Widnes, Cheshire
Ok Cool, So if I can get both, would I have to rescan onto say hotbird if i am already on Astra 1? I would have thought i would be able to scan both satellites and store both channels!? :confused

mattybee

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Move your dish to Asta 1 19.2E and scan the channels you wish to save for that satellite and store them. Then move your dish to Hotbird 13E and do the same.
All these channels should then be stored on your receiver and ready to access when you have your dish positioned on that satellite.
These two satellites are very powerful and you should have no problem picking them up.
In future you might want to set up a motorized dish or get a monobloc LNB for Astra 1 and Hotbird to save you manually moving your dish.