Astra 19.2 and 28.2 on one dish or 2 dishes

fuerte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky mini dish
My Location
SW15
Hi,

i currently have a dish (45cm i reckon, not sure) that allows me to watch freesat in sw london. I am now trying to receive french channels in HD on astra 19.2 (I own a TNTsat receiver). I don't know much about satellites and wonder what is possible?

- Is it possible for me to install a dish and have 2 heads allowing me to keep on receiving freesat and add tntsat?
- Should I just install an extra dish pointing to astra 18.2? In which case should I go for 45 cm or 60cm?

Thanks for your help.

Laurent

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum.

Two options available:

Add another zone1 dish for Astra1 (19.2e) or take down existing and install a 65cm with LNb offset bracket. If the latter, then align the dish to 19.2e and fit another LNb for 28e.

fuerte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky mini dish
My Location
SW15
Thanks for your answer.

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
satelliteman said:
Welcome to the forum.

Two options available:

Add another zone1 dish for Astra1 (19.2e) or take down existing and install a 65cm with LNb offset bracket. If the latter, then align the dish to 19.2e and fit another LNb for 28e.

There's a third option, gaffa tape a second Mini Dish LNB to the 45cm Mini Dish, it's not perfect but it works.

Roland