comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Just aquick question.
Any more info on how much longer the analogue transmissions will last on 19e.

I remember reading something from Analoguesat about the signal being turned off by the end of 2008, but have not found anything out since.

Anyone got any more recent info??

Thanks in advance:-tree

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres still no official word, although there have been suggestions 2010 is more likely........

I would guess that if Dec 2008 was still going ahead there would have to have been some official word by now.

I still predict there will be channel losses starting very soon - its believed 10744H will be digitalised in the near future - CNBC has already started transmitting mornings on 10714H

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Thanks AS.
2010 sounds a bit better than 12 months:-HoHo

Still, better make the most of it as we all know, it won't last forever.

wendyg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ancient Amstrad box - Astra analogue
My Location
TW9
The channel I really want to keep is Eurosport International because of the tennis. I've been told that they're staying up because there are a lot of Eastern European players now and therefore a market for tennis broadcasts but that those countries can't afford the switch to digital. Has Eurosport said anything?

Mind you, my ancient Amstrad SRD400 has started delivering a really wonky signal where Eurosport is supposed to be, and I can't tell if it's the box (which I bought new in 1991) or if something's disarranged the dish slightly. But if EI is going off the air in a few months it's not worth putting in a lot of effort to try to fix it.

wg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eurosport analogue will be pulled off air eventually, but there no indication of when yet.

Some of the channels should survive into 2011/2 - these dates were given on a German site a few weeks ago:

ARD - 2011
Arte - 2011
ZDF - 2012

As you can pick up analogue kit for peanuts these days you may as well buy a new box if you enjoy the tennis wendy - although you may need to change the lnb (the bit at the end of the arm on the dish) as well..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
wendyg said:
I've been told that they're staying up because there are a lot of Eastern European players now and therefore a market for tennis broadcasts but that those countries can't afford the switch to digital. Has Eurosport said anything?

wg

I don't think that idea really floats Wendy, as pretty much all of the Eastern European countries only have digital channels available by satellite, Germany and France are pretty much alone in legacy analogue coverage, with I believe only Hungary of the other European countries retaining a two channel analogue presence.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Poland has a solitary channel on 13E (TVN) - which has been under sentence of death for years....

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
I notice that Eurosport is FTA in digital on Astra 1 as well as analogue, only with German commentary though, but the pictures are the same. Maybe they will add an English language version on it when they finally pull the analogue plug. We can only hope!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Extremely unlikely - Eurosport seems to have decided that dedicated services for each country or collection of countries is the way to go - and scrambled within the pay packets.

wendyg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
TW9
I guess it depends what sport you watch. There is English commentary on British Eurosport (digital) for the tennis, and there is on analogue too. The bits between matches and the ads are only in German, though.

How would I go about testing whether the problem is the box or the dish?

wg

wendyg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
TW9
Fair enough. Though I was hoping for something a little less like major surgery.

wg

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
My Location
Cornwall, UK
wendyg said:
I guess it depends what sport you watch. There is English commentary on British Eurosport (digital) for the tennis, and there is on analogue too. The bits between matches and the ads are only in German, though.

How would I go about testing whether the problem is the box or the dish?

wg

Brtitish Eurosport is on Sky. Eurosport International is in Analogue (English language) and Digital (German Language only) on Astra 1.

wendyg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
TW9
I guess in a satellite forum British Eurosport is carried on Sky; at my house it arrives via Virgin (formerly Telewest) cable, along with Eurosport 2. Eurosport International is of course analogue, and the tennis, at least, has English commentary - but like I said, the interviews and match introductions and ads are all in German. At least they were last time the box was working well enough for me to watch it, a few months back.

wg

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Yes, Eurosport is still available via analogue with English commentary, but as Analoguesat stated previously - no one knows for how long for. If you can no longer receive it properly, it could be because your dish is slightly out of line. If it is the receiver that's faulty, you can still pick up old analogue boxes on Ebay very cheaply. I recently bought a used analogue/digital box on Ebay for £35. If you go down that route, you will need a universal lnb, which are not very expensive.

visot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox500s
My Location
uk north
irart said:
I notice that Eurosport is FTA in digital on Astra 1 as well as analogue, only with German commentary though, but the pictures are the same. Maybe they will add an English language version on it when they finally pull the analogue plug. We can only hope!
yes you are correct but you can buy tm1000d and change audio to english my friend also lots of cheap stb have audio switch facilitie

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
visot said:
yes you are correct but you can buy tm1000d and change audio to english my friend also lots of cheap stb have audio switch facilitie

Errr - there is no English audio transmitted on the fta digital signal...

See screengrab for proof

Attachments

• espt.jpg
    espt.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 75