astra 19+epg on freesat box via diseqc?

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to watch additional satellites (including all features, like EPG), other than Astra 28 on a Freesat box via diseqc?

cheers, Marty

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this to the Freesat section, whilst it doesn't actually relate to the Freesat service, it can best be answered by someone who has a Freesat box. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
THe Humax FOXSAT boxes do apparently have Diseqc capability and allow scanning of other satelites. I have seen a fair number of screenshots posted on another forum and it does appear that there is some EPG functionality.

Unfortunately when you switch to FTA mode the box strangely enough deletes all the channels.

Robbo:)

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
Thanks for that. Seems it won't work without problems. Shame

It would be nice to have one PVR for all satellites, that means: a freesat box that can do other sat positions as well.

The other way would be to receive freesat on a standard sat PVR.

To what extent would that be possible?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
marty80 said:

It would be nice to have one PVR for all satellites, that means: a freesat box that can do other sat positions as well.

The other way would be to receive freesat on a standard sat PVR.

To what extent would that be possible?

I receive freesat on a standard PVR, its all FTA. There is only a now and next EPG so setting recordings usually needs to done by hand. There is also no red button functionality. On the positive side I can time shift and record program's (even after they have started). I have my visiosat dish pointing at astra 1, astra 2 and hotbird using three lnb's (1 single, 1 quad and 1 double) and a couple of disecq switches.

I will still be replacing my sky digibox with a freesat HD PVR when they become available though as it will mean easier recording from the EPG not to mention the red button stuff which I do use on the sky box. I will keep my old PVR if there is no way of adding extra channels like the sky box can and no way of combining freesat with other satellite positions.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
marty80 said:

I don't think it is a problem as such, you just have to do a rescan presumably once in FTA mode.:)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FreesatfromSky
Freesat [Humax HDR 1000S]
Fta(9E/13E/19E/28E) [Fixed Triax TD88]
1.1M motorised satellite dish [unbranded]
My Location
UK
The method for scanning should be firstly in Non-Freesat mode.
1.By selecting Motorised or Fixed method.
2.Selecting all the satellites you have access to and then scanning.
3.Switch to Freesat mode and then scan Freesat.
This way the Freesat channels are not deleted.
If you scan the Freesat channels first and then switch modes to Non-Freesat,selecting either a Motorised/Fixed method,you will find all the Freesat channels will be deleted.