Not open for further replies.

Frantic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 5100HD-C
My Location
N-E Italy
iggy said:
Well, I am not sure if the weather has to do with this latest signal increase, but it's around + 2-3 degrees, very windy and rains occasionally. I have been monitoring C4HD let's say for last 24 hours and the signal is 24/7. It's weird as last week I was able to watch C4 HD only during the day, from 11 am until 5 pm. Now it’s different and even channel 5 package works fine.

Today, in the afternoon, weather changed. Cloudy, colder and smell of snow and strong wind, but the signal is the same: stronger 24/7. Maybe they made something... I hope xmas gift and not a swan song (you know if they can increase they can decrease....).
Let's see. :)

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
I checked the reception this morning at 7 AM, and both V and H transponders were available. From my observations, it looks like H transponders are generally weaker and signal disappears around 9-10 PM to re-appear in early morning hours. As far as V frequencies are concerned, signal seems to be available till at least 23 and then starts cracking up and eventually come back stable after couple of hours. Anyway around 7 AM both polarizations work stable, which means that most likely some significant changes have been implemented lately.

DragonSat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (DRX890C with 2TB Drive) connected to a boring basic sky dish
BFBS - Not yet connected
AFN - Not yet connected
Sky ITA - Not yet connected
My Location
York
No difference observed here in Naples. H still stronger than V.

Frantic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 5100HD-C
My Location
N-E Italy
Merry Xmas to all!

Last evening the weather was very clear and windy, but the signal low in the evening... so "Downton Abbey" has gone for me :( (repeat on next Sunday in the afternoon!)

I don't know if it's weather or low/strong signal experiments, but I know I must change dish. Too cold now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.