ASTRA 28.2 help needed

4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#1
:confused Hi folks when i go to 28.2 the picture comes on then freezes and goes black
this has only happened since i,ve repatched, i have not tried anything yet being a novice i thought to seek advice first, thanks in advance for your help.

deep joy dave:confused
 
Rob

Rob

Regular Member
Messages
1,397
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
#2
What's your picture like on other sats.

Also try switching your patch off.
Using your remote-control press "menu" and go to "System Information" and press "OK".
Press "2004" on remote and this will switch the patch off. Doing it again will switch patch back on.

With patch off check your picture on 28 east, so you can then see the difference.
 
Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,834
Likes
3,331
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#3
4dbennett said:
:confused this has only happened since i,ve repatched,
:confused
Sorry I do not understand, repatched for what, you will never get a patch to open channels on 28.2 East you will only be able to view the FTA ones nothing else unles you are using a Dragon with sub card
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#4
Topper said:
Sorry I do not understand, repatched for what, you will never get a patch to open channels on 28.2 East you will only be able to view the FTA ones nothing else unles you are using a Dragon with sub card
I repatched hotbird/astra 1 and this has caused the problem on Astra 2

thanks m8

deep joy dave:-doh2
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#5
Rob said:
What's your picture like on other sats.

Also try switching your patch off.
Using your remote-control press "menu" and go to "System Information" and press "OK".
Press "2004" on remote and this will switch the patch off. Doing it again will switch patch back on.

With patch off check your picture on 28 east, so you can then see the difference.
Hi Rob this works, but when i switch patch back on to view Hotbird problem persists, i guess i,ll have to switch patch on and off as i require,maybe future patch will resolve problem, thank you for your advice, much appreciated.

deep joy dave:-rofl2
 
Zorba

Zorba

Regular Member
Messages
2,201
Likes
7
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
#6
I've heard about this technomate,what is it getting from hotbird/astra at the moment?
 
Rob

Rob

Regular Member
Messages
1,397
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
#7
4dbennett said:
Hi Rob this works, but when i switch patch back on to view Hotbird problem persists, i guess i,ll have to switch patch on and off as i require,maybe future patch will resolve problem, thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
DM has brought out a new patch with D+ and TPS auto update today so try that and hopefully all your problems will be solved.
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#8
zorba said:
I've heard about this technomate,what is it getting from hotbird/astra at the moment?
Hotbird tps films, football and multivision channels
Astra 1 premier films, sport and taquilla D plus channels
have a look round m8 theres lots to view

deep joy dave:) :)
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#9
Rob said:
DM has brought out a new patch with D+ and TPS auto update today so try that and hopefully all your problems will be solved.
Patched as you said Rob now 100% cheers m8

deep joy dave:-rofl2 :-rofl2
 
Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,834
Likes
3,331
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#10
Well the topic of this thread was about freezing and going black on 28.2East and has somehow ended up with viewing on 13 East what was the original post regarding then?
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#11
Topper said:
Well the topic of this thread was about freezing and going black on 28.2East and has somehow ended up with viewing on 13 East what was the original post regarding then?
Hi topper, patching for 13 east was affecting viewing on 28.2 east, now problem solved and i,m able to watch both, rob and i knew what we were about, sorry if you got confused.

deep joy dave:confused :confused
 
Zorba

Zorba

Regular Member
Messages
2,201
Likes
7
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
#12
I'm assuming that you are watching only the FTA channels from 28.2 or is it one of those that can take a sky card?
 
4

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Messages
362
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
#13
zorba said:
I'm assuming that you are watching only the FTA channels from 28.2 or is it one of those that can take a sky card?
FREE TO AIR m8, although i believe i,ve read somewhere that you can use a s-y card in TM stb??, but i don,t know what channels you get.

deep joy dave:confused :confused
 
Top