ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No report from me as I am not so lucky as to be as far WEST as you are, but have you seen the attached report map for Germany? I believe it says it 's based on people actually having been succesfull, so not just an estimate.
Looks like you could start TRYING with 150 cm.
Best of luck

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
That's a picture of encouragement if ever I saw one. Thanks for that. :)

Its enough to get the band out :-band

Are you able to reveal the source of this diagram; i.e., if its from a website -perhaps there's more user comment ?

So far, its looking like a 1.8m dish (with all the well-documented attachments).

Have Fun,

Mark.

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Go to HERE and have a look around

I would have given you the direct link straight away but I don't know how to do it. You know, the one when you just write go and it takes you there after clicking on it.
Can you teach me the trick?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Done it for you Anton, you just need to click on the little globe in the menu over the post panel and First type HERE, then OK, then paste the URL and OK again.

It will look like this in the post panel, I have replaced the square brackets with round ones so that you can see them.

(url=www.mysite.co.uk)HERE(/url)

josephine

Reaction score
I live near Bologna, Italy. I inherited from someone who left Italy a sky receiver (Grundig) and an 80cm dish - and used to receive the FTV channels - but no more. What's my best move (if there is one) to get them again? If this isn't possible, is it worth subscribing to UK Sky?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
josephine said:
I live near Bologna, Italy. I inherited from someone who left Italy a sky receiver (Grundig) and an 80cm dish - and used to receive the FTV channels - but no more. What's my best move (if there is one) to get them again? If this isn't possible, is it worth subscribing to UK Sky?

You need to look through the postings for more detailed information but the basic idea is that you need a valid card for ITV, C4 and five reception (the BBC channels are true free-to-air needing no card) and, as BBC and ITV are transmitted on Astra 2D, a dish larger than 80cm for 2D reception.

The early cards, which are no longer valid, are coloured light blue. The later cards are coloured dark blue and have a picture of a house in yellow. You can get a replacement FTV (free-to-view) card if you have a UK address for a fee of £23.50 or you could choose to get a $ly subscription, which will give you the terrestrial channels as well. When the $ly subscription lapses the terrestrial channels will still be decoded.

PaulR

pjij

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Modena, Italy
josephine said:

Hi,

I dont live too far from you, here in Modena. If you purchase a FTV card you will only be able to receive Channel 4 and 5 with an 80cm dish. Not much point in this if you ask me. I think you will need a 1.25m dish to get BBC/ITV but do a search for Bologna. I know there are a few people in Bologna with Sky.

Good luck.

Paul

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
josephine said:

I live in Bologna and I can watch the 2d channels most of the time with a 125 cm dish. Often the signal becomes disturbed after 11 at night and when the dish is very wet.I think that a 150 cm offset dish could solve all problems.

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ugania said:
I live in Bologna and I can watch the 2d channels most of the time with a 125 cm dish. Often the signal becomes disturbed after 11 at night and when the dish is very wet.I think that a 150 cm offset dish could solve all problems.

Hi Ugania, do u have any news about getting Astra 2D in Sicily? Or about anyone who lives not so far from me? I live in Taormina on the east coast between Catania and Messina..it would be really appreciated if you could give me some details how I could eventually get in touch with these guys..
thank you so much
Tony

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
ynot62 said:
Hi Ugania, do u have any news about getting Astra 2D in Sicily? Or about anyone who lives not so far from me? I live in Taormina on the east coast between Catania and Messina..it would be really appreciated if you could give me some details how I could eventually get in touch with these guys..
thank you so much
Tony

I don't know if it is possible to watch astra 2d in Sicily,I know that another member of this forum ,Barney who lives in the Abruzzo region with very large dishes :2,4m. then 3 metres couldn't solve the problem of the 2d satellite. Is it still true Barney ? Or you have good news for the southern people?

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i know of people 100 kms south of Rome, getting Astra 2D with a prodelin 2.40 mts..i was wondering if other people more south of it were able to get Astra 2D.
thank u anyway for your reply ugania
Tony

barney

Reaction score
ugania said:
I don't know if it is possible to watch astra 2d in Sicily,I know that another member of this forum ,Barney who lives in the Abruzzo region with very large dishes :2,4m. then 3 metres couldn't solve the problem of the 2d satellite. Is it still true Barney ? Or you have good news for the southern people?
O-no No any good news from here.
i have now a good signal from 2A north beam (lnb Invacom 0.3 two outputs)
but any signal from 2d!!!
barney

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes there is, but it depends where you are in Austria as to what sized dish you require.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of the reports, you will require a dish in excess of 1.8metres and probably 2.4m to be certain of all weather performance.

anita47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
austria
rolfw said:
From the look of the reports, you will require a dish in excess of 1.8metres and probably 2.4m to be certain of all weather performance.
are there any reports from people around vienna?
we were so used to bbc , we never actually received itv, but didnt mind that much, but now we are lost!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, HERE are a couple.