ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

fisherzone

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Rolf and Dishdoctor. I suspected that using 2 dishes might not be a simple solution for receiving 2D. However, as 1.1 mtr dishes will not be in much demand on the Costa Blanca from June and I happen to have a few kicking around (as you do):cool: I might just rig up a test system and see what it buys me. If I have any success, I will report back with full details.

Scoop 'em up 'n pull 'em in!

John.

telecinesk

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BBC 2d. OH NO, ME TOO.
Im down near slovak/hungarian border in austria way east. Has anyone in this reigon pulled in 2d with a 1.2M and 0.3db lnb? Im having to go and get either 1.2 or 1.5M dish and I have a mate in Bratislava with same proposal. Any help appreciated?>
telecinesk@yahoo.co.uk

barney

Reaction score
Ciao,
his name is Alessandro. He is the best in italy for big dishes.
telephone number is 3385088170.
please let me know what happens.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am in southern Greece. That is THE very southern tip of the Peloponnese. I am 15 metres from the Mediterranean. I have an 80 cm dish with an Amstrad 100 box & BBC free card & I get everything but ITV. I lost ITV somewhere in Italy on the drive down here. The only problem I have is if there is a storm out at sea. Then I lose ch4 first then all BBC if the storm is bad. It is very rare to lose the signal altogether. I can usually get ch5 and all free channels. Am I lucky or what? Judging by the other posts here I am.

Gordon (600)

O-Ha :) O-Ha

V

VVCB

Hi Gordon,
Unfortunately, you will lose BBC at end of May. It will be on same satellite as ITV. They are scrapping need for card, but reducing area of coverage. People in France and Switzerland Northern Italy and Iceland, should receive BBC without any problems.
Sorry for the bad news

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham & Paphos-Cyprus
Are you sure the radio stations are moving satellite ??

They are un-encrypted already - no need for them to be moved.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure whether it is a done deal, but if you look at another thread, the implication is that they will group all of their channels on the 2D satellite.

dvart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Unfortunately the BBC have confirmed that they intend that radio will move to Astra 2d.(see below)

If anyone is prepared to write, I can supply contact details and background. There is still a chance to change this silly decision.

Re: [Case 234800] Reception Advice
16 March 2003 14:25
Dear David

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm that all our digital services will be moving to the Astra 2D. All I can suggest is that, if you wish to continue to listen to our radio services, you listen online.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Regards

Damian Whyte
BBC Information

V

VVCB

Many people installed satellite systems in Spain last year, to receive the radio services, (On the advice of the BBC reception/info desk). All have been badly advised and this should be brought to the attention of the BBC governors. No consideration has been made of this fact so far, by the BBC.
Perhaps more people should point this out to them. They were still offering this advice until fairly recently. The BBC website has only just been updated to confirm the move of radio to 2D.
So much for a public service broadcaster!)(-red

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
I am currently setting up a small website for those of us outside the Astra 2D footprint. Now that the BBC is moving both radio & TV, there will be even more nead for a place where all expats & sat enthusiats can come for usefull information and news. There will ofcourse be a link to this GREAT SITE!
I could use your help, if you have any information or tips on equipment or reception please contact me! Anything that can help others, pull in this dreaded bird!
Well if the BBC wants to go FTA, good, let's watch them!
I will let you all know when the site is online!

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
I am currently setting up a small website for those of us outside the Astra 2D footprint. Now that the BBC is moving both radio & TV, there will be even more nead for a place where all expats & sat enthusiats can come for usefull information and news. There will ofcourse be a link to this GREAT SITE!

Great idea Expat!

Feel free to contact me through this board (corrigap) if you want any contributions.

Peter

telecinesk

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yep, My 0.3db lnb arrived so next is the 1.5m dish and hopefully Im back with 2D.
I will let you know Expat as regards setup in eastern europe,im down near austrian border with hungary and am more concerned with losing radio5 and radio4 than tv.. I will take real pleasure watching BBC1 on my Nokia 9600, much better picture than the horrible digibox..

Good luck with site, I will mail you photos of setup. Maby we should fill a database or a map with dish sizes,,

V

VVCB

Will let you know how I get on with 2D in Ibiza when I go, early May. A friend has a 1.3m dish, but don't think she receives anything from 2D.
Will try with 1.8. How crucial is LNB? Three of us would like to share dish with 3 way LNB

dvart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just received from the BBC

"As you are aware, the BBC is presently using the Astra 2A satellite which covers Germany. At the end of May the BBC will be migrating to the Astra 2D satellite.

A local electrical retailer or installer, would be able to tell you if it is possible to receive a signal from the Astra 2D satellite at your location."

So here we have it, the BBC isn't trying to protect copyright.
Its all just a campaign to get us all to buy larger dishes !!

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Glad you all ´think a site is a good idea! I will set up an email address shortly, so all information to be included can be posted there. But let's not forget this thread, let's keep it going!

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
The Astra 2D email address is now up and running, please send any information or photos etc you think I can use to:
astra2d@yahoo.co.uk
THANKS!

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I thought I was receiving my signals from Astra 2D. I'm sorry I'm not very up on all of this. I have my dish set to what I am led to believe is the Astra 2D satellite and receive all but ITV with no problems. I have a BBC card and I don't understand when members are saying that BBC will be switching to Astra 2D. Can someone please explain?
Thanks
Gordon (600)