ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

ardri66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Italia
Originally posted by ugania
I wrote to you some time ago,that I had big problems with ITV2,Hallmark and Disney here in Bologna,Italy, but now I can watch ITV2 and the others weak channels pratically all round the clock,

Hi Ugania,
I live in Verona, not so far from you, could you let me know what dish and the actual name of LNB you use ( I mean 0.6db or =.7db sharp LN:cool:. I am using an 80 cm dish and a grundig universal LNB, no idea wwhat db though as it was installed for me some time ago! I have to be precise with the info for my technician or else he will do what he thinks best which is fine if one only watches the BBC programmes, ITV is another story!
Thanks a million,
Ardri66

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
It seems as of this morning May 21st, the BBC have started moving their channels to the Astra 2D satellite!

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Not only did BBC move all of its channels to Astra 2D but they remain encrypted! and will be at least until 15th of July and very likely after this date if they reach a deal with sky so all this talk about FTA was just negotiating tactic with bskyb at cost of every expat living outside 2D footprint. Bad day indeed.

For now BBC TWO Scotland and NI can be received on 11.798H

D

Deleted

The radio channels and BBC Parliament are also still on 2A. The move appears so far only to affect channels on 11720H. No doubt the rest will follow in the next few days
)(-red .

V

VVCB

Just had a call from Ibiza. All with 1.3 metre dish and below have definitely lost BBC TV. An Expat with 2 metre dish is still watching OK.
She'll have a full house tonight. So much for May 30th.)(-red

Berliner

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin (13°21'E; 52°28'N)
Hi,

here in Berlin (52:27'N/13:21'E) I lost the signal of all the BBC1-4 etc. channels today :( This is sooner that expected from the BBC's own press release. My 90cm dish with 0.7 dB LNB is just fine for Astra-2A/B reception but it is not seeing the Astra-2D transponders @all - it never has and never will :(

Hope for better surpises than this

Berliner

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
Same situation in Bologna,Italy, the BBC channels are now very weack ,sometimes unwatchable in the evening, I had to use the service add channels,where is possible to find the BBC channels on 11720 H frequency , 27500 2/3 still strong .If they will be moved even from this position I'll have to change again dish from my 130 to a 150 cm.Bye ..(oops, they did it again...)

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
It looks that the trsp BBC are using are a little bit stronger than for instance Hallmark are using. BBC are still comming in strong in Borlänge 200 km WNW of Stockholm on my 1m dish. I will soon put up my new Channel Master 1,2m to be sure and get even the vertical trsp.

Cheers
Puffin

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
As of this morning 22nd May BBC is all gone from Astra 2A.

Even Tp.11,798H No Satellite Signal!!!

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
Puffin Are you sure about the 2D siganal as I know I cant get this as there is no ITV.

My location is Gothenburg, however as BBC is still available it seems taht the Astra north beam is still active and not the south beam so perhaps you may be confused.

If you can get the ITV channel then you have 2D if not then you can not get it.

Maxi 1

ardri66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Italia
Hi all,
BBC has disappeared including all radio stations. I am going to get a bigger dish. Any suggestions to what size dish I should use?

Later, ardri66

Bru4213

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here in hills near Modena 1m dish no LND skew and original Pace box, I am now getting 'No signal' for my standard BBC Channels which have moved to 10773 but.... manually tuning I was getting a good signal on 10803 and we managed to watch BBC2 regions until the late evening with no picture breakup even after ITV had given up the ghost on both 10891 and 10906. I am hoping that with FTA in July that it will also be possible to view other BBC1 regions too. Friends nearby who have always had strong ITV with 1m dish and newer pace box are still getiing BBC loud and clear!
So there is hope! Now I just need to get my local installer to pop that bigger Dish up and fiddle with the LNB.. I will let you know how it goes.

Just read here:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4539

That I was probably watching the remains of 2A Doh!

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
From yesterday all BBC channels are gone.
My system is:
Dish Echostar 1.20
LNB Manhattan 0.6
Receiver : Panasonic 30.
Place: Rome Italy.

I'll call my instsaler to-day and ask for a 0.3 LNB and let's hope for the best

If you can give more suggestion, they are wellcome

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
LNB is not as important as dish size, in this case size IS important.

The .3db LNB is just not wotrth the extra cost to find it has made no difference.

I suspect you will need at least a 1.8m, possibly a 2.4m to resolve this problem.

tsilva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help me and make an informed guess as to my chances of 2d / uk terrestrial channel reception in the north of portugal? I've seen the maps and read the reports but haven't found out an awful lot about this particular corner of europe. Thanks.

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
You should have no problem with 2D in Northern Portugal, I have a 1.3m .6db LNB on a Panasonic 30 in Albufeira and ITV is fine 99% of the time, just pixelizes when rain or heavy cloud.

I would suspect a 80cm or 1m would be OK in Northern Portugal.:cool:

tsilva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks. I've got a 1.50 dish in storage (about 10 years old) but a local installer is recommending 1.80m. I think I'll try mine first - I basically want the uk terrestrial channels - how are channel 4/5 where you are?

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
Thanks Zansi

I already called my installer Alberto (is one of the best in Rome) and Saturday morning we'll try at his shop with a 1.50 dish.
we'll see what happened.

zansi

Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West UK
All channels are OK, the worst one's for reception are Sky 1, CNBC, Premiership+. All on the North beam 2A, 2B.

You should receive all with no problem with a 1.5m dish:)

V

VVCB

Hi, can anyone confirm that the BBC Radio services have also now been moved to 2D. They didn't go on Wed 21st.

Many expats (Sorry to take your name in vain) have a cause for compaint to BBC over the radio changes. I, like many others, were advised by the BBC to have a system installed to receive BBC radio via Astra satellite. We are talking about a matter of months ago - not years. Surely, they have to stand by their advice and provide radio via 2A south.
:)(-red )(-red