ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
2D is fine in the Algarve on a 1.3m .6db LNB, all BBC's & ITV are OK. This information has been verified yesterday.

I see no reason it would be worse in Northern Portugal!

Hi Zanzi
I believe what you say, but I noticed that Algarve is south Portugal at the same latitude of Sicily you are 10° W and Sicily is 15E But I really don't understand how you can receide Astra2D with 1.30 maybe the Atlantic waves bring down the, I get signal no signal in Rome with 1.20
:confused

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Has anybody picked up BBC in Denmark? I have tried with a 1.25m prime focus, can get signals from 2d, however all but Tp 52 V (The Amp) will not lock! What is the minimum size, 1.5m?

raf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I live in the north of Madrid and up until last week was picking up the BBC via a Sky Digibox (Grundig) using a 1.2 Mtr dish. Since the change i am currently getting the BBC channels upto roughly 12pm when the signal breaks down.

Does anyone have any suggestions how i might tweak or improve my reception without going to a larger dish.

G

gcohen

Originally posted by koolclub
Eastern Cyprus-Ayia Napa area
Panasonic TUDSB30
2.8metre solid dish
Genesis 3 prime focus LNB
25 metres cabling.
Subscribed to SKY family package.
Most channels recieved except ITV 1 & 2/Ch4/E4.
Iv'e been told by an installer here that the Strong .6db LNB would work better although the Genesis is reportedly a .4db LNB.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ta very much.

Glad you like the club Rolf.

Can you get BBC1 in TP45 ? - if so do you get it all day.
Geoff

G

gcohen

Originally posted by corrigap
As an addendum to the main thread (I'm listed under Lund, Sweden - no Astra 2D) I'd like to add the following to this thread:

After replacing my Funke 99 cm dish with a Gibertini 1.5 m dish, I can now receive ITV1, together with channels on all the other H transponders, between approx 05.00 and 18.30 (CET) with a very good, stable picture (quality 90%, sig. strength 80%).

At about 18.30 (depending on the weather conditions) the signal starts to fade and by about 19.00 it's gone completely. For the last couple of nights, it's made a reappearance at about 23.00 and has then lasted until about 02.00.

I understand this to be due to the satellite realigning itself for the benefit of its photovoltaic cells, thus altering the footprint slightly. Confirmation, or otherwise, of this would be appreciated.

My next step is a better LNB and a replacement cable, preferably CT125. I doubt if I'll achieve round the clock reception, but if I can extend the present hours of reception then I don't mind the outlay.

Has anyone read the Jan 2003 issue of Wotsat? It contains an article on the Invacom LNBs. I can't get hold of a copy here so if anyone has read this article and has any comments on it (or LNBs in general), I'd be very interested to hear them.

Peter

Eqpt:
Panasonic TUDSB30
Gibertini 1.5 dish (OP150)
Eurostar 0.5 LNB
12 m cable run (basic quality coax)

Prior to the BBC move to 2D an Invacom c120 mount on a 1.8 solid dish gave all but 3 hours of BBC1 in Israel compared to all but 6 hours from a Genesis - or anything else I tried - not much use now !
Incidentally, I was told that the variation in signal strength is due to the footprint drifting about during the day.
Geoff

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
Has the software changed as well? I can watch all channels perfectly most of the time ,but an old problem reappeared after a long time: going from a channel to another,the EPG "Jammed"and the receiver didn't respond to any signal.So I had to uplugh,replug again and wait for a few minutes to have all the usual functions and channels back as it happened two Sky software ago. L.L.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Fullproof way of getting BBC (including radio channels) back while it's still on Astra 2A.

For everyone who didn't succeed with method described earlier in this thread.

service
Select
change default transponder to some frequency you don't receive 10.999 H for example
Save New Settings
select
New Installation
Select (Wait)
Back
Back
Add Channels
11.720 H 27.5 2/3
Find Channels > select
Choose what channels you want to save with yellow key
select
select
services
Chose channel you want to watch and select

This way of course you lose all EPG stored channels and you can only watch ones saved thru add channel in Services. To restore EPG just change default transponder back to 11.778 V then press TV Guide and wait for it to scan and then press sky, everything is back in it's place apart from BBC that is!

Just wish I did this earlier, and to think what I've missed, 24 on sunday arghh..........

eugenbeer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Skyoutuk - the instructions you list - is that using the sky digital
remote control?

Plus when will BBC leave Astra 2A?

DKBrit

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Copenhagen
Looks like they shut down the 2a transponders a couple of days earlier than expected - I lost all BBC channels on 2a about 30 minutes ago.

DKBrit

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
It does appear that they have deserted us.

Not even a signal?? A virgin transponder.

I hope Greg Dyke doesn't come to Berlin in a rush.

Its been Fun,

Mark.

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Yes eugenbeer it was using sky remote but little point now!

Just when I got it back it's gone again!!!

Wilfried

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
austria
first thank you very much for that lot of information i found at this forum!! may location is southern austria (klagenfurt);
as many others i managed to tune in the old bbc transponders following the advice given here.
now i thought i may well use the new default transponder (10773 H) to check the signal strengh of 2D on the on screen display.
first i got nil
then after some adjustment work on dish and lnb i got 50 % strength and 50 % quality. in fact the digibox already told me: wait for channel listing. i thought all would be perfect. However the minutes went past and there followed nothing. a manual search in the add channel menue gave no results, neither for the new 2D channels, nor for the old 2A channels (sky news etc.).
Is 50 % Quality not enough?
Or could it be, that in adjusting the dish i got a signal from a competely other satellite which is read by my receiver als signal quality??

vurlitz

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well now I feel better, even though I don´t feel better because we just lost the BEEB again! I´ll explain.
Yesterday, following instructions on this forum I got BBC back and ran around telling the world what geniouses you are (well the Cost del Sol anyway).
The I got to thinking - could I add my other sky channels - do I went add channels - entered 11.740 - find and hey presto! got Living, Bravo, etc on Extra Channels.
So then I thought! What about UK channels so I did the same with 11.817V and hey presto! UK channels!.
Then I lost the BBC and spent the last 1 1/2 hours calling myself dickhead and trying to get it back.

Now I know why. Like I said better, but not better!

Vurlitz:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Wilfried, sounds like you have another satellite, to realign, go back to the original default transponder until you get the signal lock, then go to manual tuning in the installer's menu and teak it on the BBC transponder, will only need the slightest of movement or Skew adjustment.

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
Right, now it really is gone, so let's get to work get BBC TV & radio back for as many as possible. Oh yer and let's all get back at that idiot who runs the Beeb Greg Dyke. I hope Sky chuck them all either down, or off the EPG!

barney

Reaction score
Originally posted by Expat
Right, now it really is gone, so let's get to work get BBC TV & radio back for as many as possible. Oh yer and let's all get back at that idiot who runs the Beeb Greg Dyke. I hope Sky chuck them all either down, or off the EPG!

Very good Expat

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
To day I lost my last hope, I tryed with 1.80 dish, Echostaroffset
LNB 0,6
Panasonic 30
NO Astra 2D in Rome LON. 12.23 E Lat 41.80 N

Are you happy Mr Dyke?)(-red