ASTRA 2D BBC & ITV RECEPTION

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
anyone with any ideas.......got the sat engineer today to get the bbc on my 2.40 dish - he says he can get it everywhere here on 2.40s and sometimes less. (corfu) however on mine with about 75% sig strength and 80/85 sig. quality i still dont get it. i also havent got sky 1 back except on odd occasions and after his 'tweeking' today i have lost capital radio as well. i have 2.4 channelmaster and had a 0.6 lnb, he put another 0.6 and says he will try 0.3 but he thinks 'there is soemthing wrong with the dish maybe its not put together 100% accurately" i have a pace 2200 box and a pan. 30 but theres virtually no diference. mine is a srot of test case as we are trying to work out what the basic required equipment is for this area but so far we are not doing very well!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If its a 2,4 offset dish (2 piece) it cannot be put together badly

If its the 4 piece - bin it

J

Jazzy

Hi,
LIke everyone else lost the Beeb channels end of May and Got them all back yesterday on my Panasonic digi box with standard Sky black minidish.
I live in the centre of Paris in an appartement block and the dish is on my veranda.
I think that the signal has definetely been turned up because prior to that I was getting them in the morning and losing them late in the afternoon.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that they don't play about with it anymore!

H

haveagoade

HI Rolfw,
Death Springs east of Montpellier with a 60cm that looks really good, like I was getting last summer, so unlees they start to reduce signal strength, all should be okay for the whole of France with a 60 cm and most of N Spain with a 80cm.

It also seems that the BBC has upped the output on 2D recently:cool: :cool:

bye

markwilcox

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin
Damn, still out in the cold here in Berlin, althought the temp is 31 degrees

Signal boost has not made a bit of difference here. Last night someone from Berlin was getting a new dish, 1.25 and new LNB so lets find out if they got any signal from 2d with the new kit.

Woe is me without the BBC....31 degrees :cool:

G

GaryL

I have been told by a my installer in Spain, that if i use a pace 2600 reciver a mti 0.6 lnd and a 1.8 c.master dish, i will get 2d 24 hours a day.

the question is is it worth £ 1000 on a dish ?

boogers

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin
Mark,

I too am in Berlin, and know that my pub of choice (Emerald Isle) have a 150 cm dish and Grundig 310/2, and have never got ITV. I don't think that they consider differing transponder strengths or manual installation of ITV channels, or that the dish was installed professionally. It could be something that I will have a go at myself, if they ply me with enough free fodder and ale! I will be there either tonight or tomorrow, and I will try and get some more info regarding LNB etc. I am waiting to see what they do before shelling out!!

markwilcox

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin
Last info from an installer here, after last nights checing was 3 m is the smallest they think will get 2d here in Berlin.

The germans were always over engineering but maybe thats what is needed, don't see many people putting one of them on a balcony !
:(

boogers

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Berlin
Mark,

I too am in Berlin, and know that my pub of choice (Emerald Isle) have a 150 cm dish and Grundig 310/2, and have never got ITV. I don't think that they consider differing transponder strengths or manual installation of ITV channels, or that the dish was installed professionally. It could be something that I will have a go at myself, if they ply me with enough free fodder and ale! I will be there either tonight or tomorrow, and I will try and get some more info regarding LNB etc. I am waiting to see what they do before shelling out!!

D

Deleted

I have yet to see a positive reception report for 2D here in Berlin, and I have read many guesstimates, but I think that 3m is a bit over the top. Kiepert's gave me the same advice when I asked them, but they hadn't really tried anything.

So far I have seen at least a dozen Berliners contribute here and on the Digital Spy forum, some of whom have said they intend to try whatever size dish, but no positive results.

Myself, I'd like to try a 1.5m dish with an Invacom 0.3dB LNB, but who knows a shop who'll take it back if it doesn't work?

Maybe it's best to wait until Auntie goes FTA anyway.

Meanwhile, back on Prime,...

Qwerty (a.k.a. Dogmatix)

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
It is quite likely that at your location in Berlin at least a 2.4 mtr will be required for sustained reception from Astra 2d. The further from the footprint desginated reception area the more difficult it will be come.

2 D has been successfully recieved on a 3.0 mtr, I am informed from a location further east than that of Berlin.

If the will is there and a nice space in the garden is there, then invest within a 3.0 mtr and enjoy.

regards to all

Old Satellite

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Posted by GaryL

Costa BLanca
I have been told by a my installer in Spain, that if i use a pace 2600 reciver a mti 0.6 lnd and a 1.8 c.master dish, I will get 2d 24 hours a day.

the question is is it worth £ 1000 on a dish ?

A channel master 1.8 mtr should not cost 1000 pounds, at best dont pay more than 500 ! you can purchase a 2.0 Patriot dish from Portugal and ship to to most locations around the world and still have some change and these dishes are professional dishes

Give them a call a 1.8 mtr offset recently was 490 euro! a 2.4 mtr prime focus was only 590 euro.

Satcab, Satélite e Cabo TV, Lda.
Rua da Praia, 640
4485 - 495 Mindelo (Portugal)
Tel.: +351 252 670040
Fax: +351 252 670049
Mob.+351 91 9072436
hans@satcab.pt

Regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Reports from Spain - increase in signals on BBC AND ITV

Allegedly this is something to do with changes made to the signal strengths on Astra 1D at 24 East

Its not clear at the moment, but a lot of people in Sunny Spain today are receiving the frequency of 10.773H with a much smaller dish than has been reported over the past few days, suggesting the removal of some signals off the old Astra 1D satellite (same transponder plan) which were affecting the signals from satellites in the near vicinity

I do not know if the improvements are down to the removal of interference (it could possibly be proximity owing to the beamwidths of the small antennas affected up to now) , or maybe a result of increased C/N of the uplink (Astra own both slots and use the same uplink site)

I will report back if I get further info

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Posted by Old Satellite
A channel master 1.8 mtr should not cost 1000 pounds, at best dont pay more than 500 ! you can purchase a 2.0 Patriot dish from Portugal and ship to to most locations around the world and still have some change and these dishes are professional dishes

Give them a call a 1.8 mtr offset recently was 490 euro! a 2.4 mtr prime focus was only 590 euro

Channel Master is best bought directly from their Europe office in Germany 1.8 offset dish costs 350$ yet in sat shops they go for 800€

http://www.channel-master-int.com

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
Channel Master is best bought directly from their Europe office in Germany 1.8 offset dish costs 350$ yet in sat shops they go for 800€

Good advice, but do you know if they ship to other countries in Europe? I can't make much sense of their website.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Nearest equivalent to the CM would be Prodelin (manufactured only 50 or so miles away)

The 1183 series also has a polarmount companion in the 1186

Prices for the fixed version starts US side at $358, available in the UK for around E500

You need a 4" post in the ground

http://www.tripointglobal.com/Prodelin/Manuals/4096-291.pdf

G

GaryL

What model of the channel master is best ?

also i need a mount for a flat roof. any sugestions..?

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
Just a note on the Channel Master website . They only do TRADE sales . They told me to get in contact with a company in Madrid . I'm waiting for them to call me back with a price on the 1.8 . It should be interesting .
Paul